a few(5) problems what do you think?
i have a 2000 2.7 with 72000 miles on it. i have had no problem with the engine. yet... but there are a couple things that bother me and wanted to see what you think.
1. when i hit a bump from moderate to big i her a popping noise in the rear. sounds like the rear right tire area. i have put it off but am now worried about what it could be. i live in PA and the road are bad but its only when i hit a bump kinda hard.
2. when i am slowing down slowly to a stop say at a red light there is a abrupt jerk. its not real bad but noticeable. when it happens it seams like the car slows down a little. i am thinking its a down shift. is this a sign of transmission problems?
3. just the other day as i was out side my car with it on coming from the back of it i hard a clicking sound. i think that is how best to describe it. the frequency of it was a constant but it was not real real fast maybe once a second. i have to listen again. i did not pay to much attention to it as i wanted to get out of the rain.
4. i dont know if this is true for all automatics as i have a friend that said his mustang does the same think. i will be going up a hill and i want to accelerate i hit the gas in a good bit more and nothing realy happens. after i hit it in even more it all the sudden revs up and then accelerates. is that it just downshifting?
5. when i have it in reverse sometimes if i am just barley giving it gas it shutters and vibrates some. almost feels like it wants to stall. if i give it more gas or let go its fine. only happened once in a while i just started noticing in the last month.
quite a list of problems i know. i been putting it off telling my self everything was fine lol but now i would like to travel a few 100 miles with it and want to make sure i am not going to end up stranded i still dont know if i will attempt it or not.
i would like to tow about 600 pounds with it for 4 hours then back the next day of course. do you think it could make it? i have towed with it 1 time about 45 mins with no problem.