Has anyone done a DIY a/c compressor swap?
I am going to change the A/C Compressor and Receiver/Dryer by myself. I am very mechanically inclined, but I have never done this before. Will this be easy? I just have a few questions:
- I know I have to put 4.8 oz of oil into the new compressor and dryer. But I don't know where. Does it matter if I put it in the high side or the low side?
- Does it matter which tube I put the 1 oz of oil in the dryer/receiver?
- How many o-rings or gaskets to I need to change?, If you have part#'s that would help.
- do you think I can have a shop evacuate the system for me, then I can bring it home and fill w/134a?
- How much do you think the shop will charge for an evacuation?
Any other tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated!!