Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Springfield, MA
I installed my irotors and pads last may. It is really easy.
1. Jack up the car
2. Take off the tire.
3. there should be two long bolts that hold the caliper on the bracket. Take out those two bolts.
4. Slide the caliper off of the rotor.
5. There are a couple of lock rings that hold the rotor onto the hub. Break them off and the rotor should slide right off the hub.
6. Take the caliper and slide off the old brake pads and slide on the new ones.
7. Put the new rotors on and then slide the caliper back on and bolt it back up.
If you want to wait like a week, I can see about some time off, you could head down here and I could help you do them. PM me if you are interested.
DI.NET's Resident Psychologist
Hello in there Cliff,........tell me,............What color is the sky in your world?
2005 Dakota Quad Cab V8 SLT
2 inch leveling kit installed
32" (265/75/16) BF Goodrich All Terrain KO's
3 inch body lift installed
Gibson exteme dual exhaust (coming soon)
Fastman throttlebody (coming soon)
Airraid cold air intake (coming soon)
More room for fishing stuff
Last edited by crash459; 01-30-2004 at 11:32 AM.