can ne one help me i was out re wiring my system so before hand i disconnected the battery to get rid of some old codes so i get done re runnin all my wires and im gettin to reconectin the battery wires so i do then i turn my circut breaker back on its a 140amp circut breaker on my power wire for the radio as i flip the switch it throws spark and i seen smoke comin from the inside and it turns my car off never had this happen before so i turned the circut breaker back off and started the car again then i went and turned the circut breaker back on and my radio comes on but i have no sound so then i thought i fried somethin but i check my fuse box nuttin wrong there but i pull out the radio fuse and put it back in and now i have sound if ne one can help with that one i would be very thank full Thanks guys (Ari)
Where did the smoke you saw come from? Do you have large capacitors in your system? If so did you follow the proper initial charge procedure after having the power disconnected? Did you actually have the engine running when you initially closed the circuit breaker for the audio system and when you did the engine shut off? I'm having some trouble following exactly what you did...
the smoke that i had seen was comin from behind the radio cause at the time i had the radio sittin on my shifter i have no caps and the car was off when i disconected the circut breaker in fact i dissconected the breaker then dissconnected the battery then when i was done i hooked the battery up started the car then realized my circut breaker was off so i went to turn it on then it threw sparks and the car shut off on me
if this is an aftermarket headunit/radio are you running speakers off the amplifier that is built into it? if you are not using a external amplifier i think the reason you saw smoke and you are getting no sound is because you probably blew the internal amplifier of the radio/headunit.
Well i finally got the radio inline and working,but my car won't start. And once i jump it i let it sit for a while thinkin my alternator will recharge the batterie it does nothin.So then when i turm my car off and try to restart it it's like the car died any body have a clue? Is that better use of periods and commas?
Well now my power wire for the system is complety disconected.I have turned the circut breaker off,and i ahve disconected my power wire from the amp its self.Im guessing that my batterie is shot becuase like i said before when i jump it and let it run for 10-15 mins,then turn it off,it still goes dead:(
same thing happened to me not too long ago where my car would have to be jumped and would run fine, then once turned off it wouldn't start again. i took it to autozone and had them check everything out. my batter terminals just had too much corrosion on them and had to be pushed down harder and cleaned off.