Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Tiny Pebble, AR
Do you have the 2002 FSM downloaded? If so..pages 24-3 and 24-4 describe how to put the MTC in diagnostics. The EBL button they refer to in the procedure is the A/C (Snowflake) button. If you don't have the manual here's the procedure:
1) The engine must be running with vehicle not moving.
2) The Fan Speed set to any speed except OFF.
3) The Temperature Knob in full Cold position(full counterclockwise position).
4) The Mode Knob must be placed in Defrost position(full clockwise position).
5) The A/C button can be ON or OFF.
6) Press and hold the EBL button until the Mechanical Instrument Cluster Odometer display indicates an "AC000". The Body Control Module (BCM) will chime once and the MTC A/C button LED will begin blinking.
7) Release the EBL button and wait until the MTC A/C button LED stops blinking.This means that the error check and climate control unit door calibration is complete.
The odometer display will return to normal operation if no trouble codes are found. If a problem is found, then the odometer will display the letters "AC" followed by the trouble code number. The odometer display can only show one diagnostic trouble code at a time. To scroll through any additional diagnostic trouble codes, press the A/C button on the MTC. Continue pushing the A/C button until the odometer display returns to normal.
It is important that no other knob is turned or any other button is pressed until all the codes are read.
Remember the EBL button referred to above is the A/C (Snowflake) button on the MTC. Let us know how it goes.
JJI=Just Junk It, LLC!
Member of the Sold SRT-8 Magnums of DI.net Club!
Perky Jerky for Everyone!!
Crazy Rons House of Mega Deals
Member of the CAN Bus Bitches Club!
Last edited by Ronbo; 08-19-2006 at 07:31 PM.