the nerve!! - DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-16-2007, 10:20 AM Thread Starter
Intrepid Modder
 
nightspeed98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: USA USA USA
Posts: 734
Feedback: 3 / 100%
                     
the nerve!!

this dude i work with drives a miata and talks smack when it comes to american cars. he said he can kick my "grocery getter's ass" with his 1.something. I told him if we were to run 'em, he'd have me between 0 and 40 mph, but when we hit 41 his ass was mine. he disagreed. then i told him to go get a real car. he remarked that he would go to the parking lot to see what one looked like but there weren't any. well, he got a little upset when i told him that there was a red one to the right of his "mid-life crisis-mobile." then, to top it, i told him that his mid-life crisis mobile couldn't hit 100 carrying 2 of my tires, and i could carry his fat ass, his motor and all 4 tires and still break "buck ten." then somehow the next argument was over which racing game for the ps2 was the best. (clearly Gran Turismo was... ..until need for speed underground 2 came to town. ) he he he

Last edited by nightspeed98; 01-16-2007 at 10:22 AM.
nightspeed98 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-16-2007, 10:32 AM
Intrepid Pro
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: CT
Posts: 11,278
Feedback: 10 / 100%
                     
This is the prob with bench racing, you go from talking about real racing (1/4 mile from a dead stop) and then turn it into top speed and finally video game racing

The only way to find out for real is to take it to a track, timeslips don't lie or brag
JoeKD is offline  
post #3 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-16-2007, 10:36 AM
Intrepid Pro
 
01ReggiES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Midlothian, VA
Posts: 1,240
Feedback: 0 / 0%
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightspeed98
then somehow the next argument was over which racing game for the ps2 was the best. (clearly Gran Turismo was... ..until need for speed underground 2 came to town. ) he he he
I totally disagree with this. Gran Turismo 3 was, and still is the best racing game for the PS2. The amount of cars available in this game just absolutely pales in comparison to NFSU 2. The only 2 cars worth driving in NFSU 2 was the Mustang and the Skyline.....the rest pretty much sucked, and all the racing was in the same city, while GT3 had dozens of tracks and all types of races.
01ReggiES is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-16-2007, 10:39 AM Thread Starter
Intrepid Modder
 
nightspeed98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: USA USA USA
Posts: 734
Feedback: 3 / 100%
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeKD
This is the prob with bench racing, you go from talking about real racing (1/4 mile from a dead stop) and then turn it into top speed and finally video game racing

The only way to find out for real is to take it to a track, timeslips don't lie or brag
He's just talking shit and i know my R/T can back me up. but i believe he does do Auto X every so often with his MLC mobile.
nightspeed98 is offline  
post #5 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-16-2007, 10:43 AM Thread Starter
Intrepid Modder
 
nightspeed98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: USA USA USA
Posts: 734
Feedback: 3 / 100%
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDragon38
The only 2 cars worth driving in NFSU 2 was the Mustang and the Skyline.....the rest pretty much sucked, and all the racing was in the same city, while GT3 had dozens of tracks and all types of races.
negative on that dude, you can start and finish the game with the 240SX . it is a very controllable and fast car. you may have trouble keeping with the skyline sometimes, but the skyline on the game is only fast going straight. also the eclipse although twitchy is insanely fast and will pass 200mph on the highway and the EVO is a most excellent all around car. try them out.
nightspeed98 is offline  
post #6 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-16-2007, 10:44 AM
Intrepid Modder
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: CT/NY Metro
Posts: 407
Feedback: 4 / 100%
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightspeed98
He's just talking shit and i know my R/T can back me up. but i believe he does do Auto X every so often with his MLC mobile.
If you've got an R/T and he's stock, you probably have the edge. If he's modified it, it could range from a tight race to him winning. If you do anything that involves turning, he's got you, especially if he's autocrossed it and knows what it can do.
pddj steve is offline  
post #7 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-16-2007, 10:51 AM Thread Starter
Intrepid Modder
 
nightspeed98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: USA USA USA
Posts: 734
Feedback: 3 / 100%
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by pddj steve
If you've got an R/T and he's stock, you probably have the edge. If he's modified it, it could range from a tight race to him winning. If you do anything that involves turning, he's got you, especially if he's autocrossed it and knows what it can do.
only place to run in the vicinity is an industrial road by my job. no turning involved. other is parkway, also, nothing sharp or that would demand letting off. his motor is stock save for a few minor tweaks. and unless turbocharged, and pushing over 8 psi, still can't hold an R/T back. he has a speed limiter. i haven't found mine lol. on the parkway even an extra motor in the trunk won't do him good. he may be faster to speed, but 3.5's have a knack for catching up and allowing me to wave as i pass.
nightspeed98 is offline  
post #8 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-16-2007, 10:53 AM Thread Starter
Intrepid Modder
 
nightspeed98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: USA USA USA
Posts: 734
Feedback: 3 / 100%
                     
speaking of extra motor... check this out.
see for yourself
nightspeed98 is offline  
post #9 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-16-2007, 11:20 AM
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 35
Feedback: 0 / 0%
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightspeed98
"mid-life crisis-mobile."
:icon_lol:
random-name is offline  
post #10 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-16-2007, 11:32 AM
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,476
Feedback: 1 / 100%
                     
I'll race him for you in my "shitty domestic" and then he can shut his hole.
x_00trepes_X35 is offline  
post #11 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-16-2007, 12:22 PM
Intrepid Pro
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 4,553
Feedback: 0 / 0%
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightspeed98
"mid-life crisis-mobile"
I'd hardly call a Miata a "mid-life crisis-mobile"....When I think of "mid-life crisis-mobile", I think Corvette, Porsche, or the little roadster in my sig...

Gotta take it to the track and back up the smack!
slowbra is offline  
post #12 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-16-2007, 12:28 PM
Intrepid Pro
 
01ReggiES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Midlothian, VA
Posts: 1,240
Feedback: 0 / 0%
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightspeed98
negative on that dude, you can start and finish the game with the 240SX . it is a very controllable and fast car. you may have trouble keeping with the skyline sometimes, but the skyline on the game is only fast going straight. also the eclipse although twitchy is insanely fast and will pass 200mph on the highway and the EVO is a most excellent all around car. try them out.
Meh......I actually went with the old school Supra from the beginning.......why? Because that was the same car that led me to greatness back in Gran Turismo 1 and 2. Lo behold it did the same thing for me in NFSU 2, ha ha! That car wasn't the fastest, but man the HANDLING!? OMG......it was especially helpful in those races (forgot what they're called now) where the turns are extra tight. I just stuck with that car until the Mustang became available and went with the Mustang....after all thats the only reason I bought the game in the first place. Thinking about it makes me miss my PS2......time to go pawn shopping .


Click the image for the sig thread!
01ReggiES is offline  
post #13 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-16-2007, 01:32 PM
Intrepid Pro
 
Phuckin Phil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Near Los Angeles
Posts: 3,645
Feedback: 6 / 100%
                     
I was driving a little miata for a while (trep was sitting in an airplane hanger in Big Bear). And it was fun to do doghnuts with cause it was rear wheel drive but that thing had no guts man. when I got back in my trep after a couple of months I had forgotten what it felt like to really get up and go! Given that i have a 3.5, but my trep would smoke a stock miata any day of the week. At least that one anyways.
Phuckin Phil is offline  
post #14 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-16-2007, 01:51 PM
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 3,552
Feedback: 4 / 100%
                     
Miata?

You sure this was a guy?

If so, ask him if it hurt when they cut his boys off.

Maybe he listens to Micheal Bolton too?

Miata=chick car. Proving to the world you've only got a fleshy patch where your jewels should be.

Cheers

BJ

Last edited by Great White; 01-16-2007 at 01:54 PM.
Great White is offline  
post #15 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-16-2007, 01:59 PM
Intrepid Pro
 
01ReggiES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Midlothian, VA
Posts: 1,240
Feedback: 0 / 0%
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great White
Miata?

You sure this was a guy?

If so, ask him if it hurt when they cut his boys off.

Maybe he listens to Micheal Bolton too?

Miata=chick car. Proving to the world you've only got a fleshy patch where your jewels should be.

Cheers

BJ
LOL this is SO true......in the movie "Cars" the Miatas were the girls that fawned over Lightning McQueen's every move.......how fitting.
01ReggiES is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionaly, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Rate This Thread:



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome