Well, I figured it was time for an update...I dug into the body work pretty hard the last couple weekends getting ready for paint. Removed all the old trim and sealed up the holes from it, and removed the titties holding the plastic trim retainers on. Removed all the old seam sealer on the cab, and sand blasted the drip edge. No rot found, just surface rust luckily, its gone now. Also, I removed the low hump (automatic tunnel) and replaced it with the proper high hump manual trans tunnel:
One of the trim holes disappearing:
Trim all removed, started sanding the body:
Automatic Transmission Tunnel coming out:
Trans Tunnel from the original cab [NO RUST...thanks to oil from leaky Cummins valve covers]...
Installed, ready to weld in on Monday...this was a big job, not the easiest panel to replace.
Took all the glass out and sanblasted the drip rail and windshield frame, all clean; ready for new seam sealer.
Manual Trans tunnel all welded in and done...
So far, this has been a ton of work....I've questioned my reasoning in diving in this far to an old truck; but damn, it will be worth it when its done. Next step is get her all back apart and down to bare metal for the body and paint prep.