DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Repair a premature leather wear mark?

2K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  g0ldfinGa 
#1 ·
I need help trying to repair a spot on my leather that has a weird premature wear mark. I just received my new daily driver on saturday from my dad. The 2002 R/T has 30,000 miles, perfect condition...The leather is still in "new" shape....But theres this spot on the driver side seat that is showing lots of wear. My dad thinks its from his wallet or back of jeans when he would sit down? Can someone give me some options/suggestions?

Thanks

See less See more
#3 ·
murquiza said:
I would try with black shoe polish. Just a though though.

Yea, thats what gary680 was telling me. Im just wondering if black shoe polish would be too dark? Maybe dark gray shoe polish?

#5 ·
2002BlackRT said:
I need help trying to repair a spot on my leather that has a weird premature wear mark. I just received my new daily driver on saturday from my dad. The 2002 R/T has 30,000 miles, perfect condition...The leather is still in "new" shape....But theres this spot on the driver side seat that is showing lots of wear. My dad thinks its from his wallet or back of jeans when he would sit down? Can someone give me some options/suggestions?

Thanks

(pics deleted)
I have that same mark in the same spot, and my seats are in great condition too, with a little over 42k miles. I hit it with some leather wipes and seems to clean it up a bit.

Josiah

#8 ·
I have the same beginnings, in the same spot, but no where near as bad (257xxx kms).

It's probably more from getting in and out (ingress/egress issues as the auto trade calls it), as I sport my wallet in the other pocket.

#17 ·
Biggs01ES said:
seems to me that shoe polish would end up on your clothes....
Thats what I was thinking...

Man, I was just cleaning my seats and can't believe how filthy dirty they actually were (shame shame) How could I have let them get so bad?
Is "leatherique" a cleaner? I need a good cleaner/conditioner anyone have any recommendations? I used some Armor-All leather cleaner/conditioner and seemed to work ok, but I'm sure there's something better...

lol my seats are alot lighter color now. (it was just the dirt!) What color is this again? I have the Agate/something else I cant remember. Here's a pic where you can see my filthy leather. They are now closer to the color of the door panel armrest lol

#18 ·
I think yours are considered slate gray ED, I may be wrong though, mine has the wear in the same spot but its completely ripped open, on lhs seats with 350,000 miles of sitting on them ;/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.