DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

2nd Generation Autostick how to?

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  hardwareguy 
#1 ·
Anyone know if theres a how-to for installing autostick on a 2nd gen? Tried searching but its all scattered. Thanks

#3 ·
Yes! We definitely need one. I just got the parts coming to swap in autostick, so Ill post one once I am finished and it is working properly.

The only question I have about it is the pin locations at the TCM for the shifter signal wires. Everything else seems pretty straight-forward.

I am going to install it this coming weekend, as long as the parts get here by then. Ill try to post some pics in the how to.

#5 ·
The AS up and down sense wires go into a plug above and over to the left of the brake pedal and switch. You will find a body to engine junction there, it is a bunch of plugs held on to a common plastic carrier and the carrier is held on by a single 10mm bolt. You add the wires to the white (Service Manual says natural) connector. One side of the harness (socket side) has the AS sense wires already there, the other side which is the plug with pins has the wires missing. You add the two pins in the spot according to the diagram.

Ground can easily be tapped at the driver's seat bolt or from the shift bezel lighting ground (splice required here). The shift bezel lighting ground wire is where I got my ground.

Power needs to come from a wire that is on when the car is on. The orange connector in the interior junction block (NOT BCM, the BCM plugs into the JB) has some fat wires carrying power and a few skinny ones. The one at pin 7, if I remember correctly, has the fused ignition switch output you need.

If you get the parts from TFC, it will come with a diagram.

I'll see if I can do some digging.

#6 ·
Oh yeah.... a note about splices!

ALL splices should be done with high quality crimp connectors such as the 3M ones I used. They should be sealed somehow as well. Use a GOOD crimping tool.

Soldering and using heatshrink tubing for insulation is the only other acceptable way to splice.

Wire nuts SUCK!

#7 ·
hardwareguy said:
The AS up and down sense wires go into a plug above and over to the left of the brake pedal and switch. You will find a body to engine junction there, it is a bunch of plugs held on to a common plastic carrier and the carrier is held on by a single 10mm bolt. You add the wires to the white (Service Manual says natural) connector. One side of the harness (socket side) has the AS sense wires already there, the other side which is the plug with pins has the wires missing. You add the two pins in the spot according to the diagram.

Ground can easily be tapped at the driver's seat bolt or from the shift bezel lighting ground (splice required here). The shift bezel lighting ground wire is where I got my ground.

Power needs to come from a wire that is on when the car is on. The orange connector in the interior junction block (NOT BCM, the BCM plugs into the JB) has some fat wires carrying power and a few skinny ones. The one at pin 7, if I remember correctly, has the fused ignition switch output you need.

If you get the parts from TFC, it will come with a diagram.

I'll see if I can do some digging.
Thanks for the info! Ive got a complete schematic so getting the wires installed should be easy now that I know where to start.

As for splicing wires, I go with soldering them together and sealing them with heatshrink tubing. Too many times I have found electrical connections using butt connectors were either loose, crimped so tightly that they broke the wire, or corroded.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.