DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Black Peace?

801 views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  Xpid 
#1 ·
i'm wondering what the black peace that hangs under my front bumper is there for? If i took it off would it hurt anything major, i think thats what keeps scraping on the road and stuff, and the parking blocks at a store if you know what i mean...

#6 ·
It's not a HUGE issue if it's removed. On the 2nd Gens, it's been noted that your temp will run slightly higher without it, but that's about it. I had mine torn off about 3 years ago...no worries. It mainly deflects air up towards the radiator for better cooling.

#9 ·
hardwareguy said:
Not having it MAY affect high speed handling, but mine is missing and it handles like crazy.

hehe, when you say handles like crazy.... well I can be crazy and handle well, or I could be crazy and handle like **** and crash. So which is it? :farmer:

#12 ·
I have my front underglow connected to that piece, lol. That way no matter how many curbs I hit, it will never break

#13 ·
Xpid said:
i'm wondering what the black peace that hangs under my front bumper is there for? If i took it off would it hurt anything major, i think thats what keeps scraping on the road and stuff, and the parking blocks at a store if you know what i mean...
1.) You're parking too close to the concrete blocks.

2.) Taking it off won't make any noticeable effect (except to probably get rid of your scraping sound).

Take it off! :boobies:

#15 ·
It’s funny that you would mention the trep sticking out more then a truck. Despite the fact that its shape makes it look deceptively smaller then it is, a Suburban 2500 is only about 18 inches longer then it, and as crazy as it sounds, the trep is 18 inches longer then a Hummer H1. I too sometimes have scraped the black wind deflector on raised sidewalks and exiting some parking lots that are at acute angle to the road. When I detail the trep I just spray that with tire foam, and it looks pretty good, and you can barely tell how much it’s encountered the road.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.