DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

painted my calipers white

2K views 30 replies 18 participants last post by  mysteryemotionz 
#1 ·
I got the G2 caliper painting kit in white.

I did it today and I think it looks fawkin awesome. :farmer:

I also painted my axle ends with black engine enamel paint. Since I am riding on police wheels, sometimes I want the chrome center cap look or sometimes the chrome ring look without the cap. :gross_06:

more pics later

See less See more
#3 ·
you lucky dog, its to cold to paint here or my calipers would be green right now.

#7 ·
01Intrepid said:
looks pretty good...........

i kno i kno, it lacks the expertise of some good masking skills. To say the very least, this job requires that everything be CLEAN and that you MASK off each tiny area with plenty of coverage.

#11 ·
JoeKD said:
G2 rocks, plain and simple
Amen to that! I've used the G2 stuff on several vehicles. Works best if you remove the calipers first so you don't get it all over the place.

JoeKD said:
You know what would really make that white stand out? Some black caliper decals, check out the Chrysler ones Rich Calnen sells on his site http://www.xenonmods.com/

I've used his caliper decals on two cars now and love them
I hope his customer service has improved over the last year or two. I had to get two orders refunded because I couldn't get him to answer his phoen or respond to emails aftere waiting 2 months for an order. I did finally re-order some and they are very nice...just took some effort to get them!! :(

#13 ·
i love the garage LOL..... you just bust out the tent and start working. My neighbors would freak, let alone my parents. Plus i was out last night, it was so cold LOL.... but FL doesnt have those issues.

I paint my calipers black pretty much every spring with some spray can high heat stuff. They dont rust or anything by the spring but the paint kinda fades a little, so most of the time its just touch up. Plus i hate how i cant find any police caps for my bearing covers (winter rims).

The white looks great with a white car. They will really stand out too. nice rims will make them even better, thats why i dont bother paining them for the winter, you cant see through my ugly black rims anyway LOL..

Good job

#16 ·
Dodgaholic said:
Now THAT looks friggin sweet!
How many people get on the brakes when you get beside them with the white, and the cop rims, lol?
well its my first day with these puppies on, hehe, we will see.

#18 ·
Imadreadhead said:
that looks pretty hot..i like it
thanks.... means alot commin from a fellow concorder :fun_08:

#20 ·
k-nash said:
I like it too!! I should get some of those rims too! (for winter)

But then I would have to get 4 more PSI sensors, and thats not happening.

thanks for liking it too hehe. :auto_06:

#22 ·
They definitely look hot...the tint looks dope too...makes me wanna go get some!
Looks like a beautiful day down in south Florida! Like the middle of summer or something!
Its 34degrees here with some rain/sleet! Makes me wanna move to Florida...but I'd rather stay away from hurricanes! :D

#25 ·
will those caps be able to fit other rims as well. I have winter rims and I hate how my center bearing covers are rusting all exposed. I dont even care if they are the cop ones, i just need something plastic or w/e to cover them up.

BTW the rings + cap police look is awesome.

Great work.

I just have the stock chrome crusaders over the summer, but the winter look will stop a lot of cars... i know a lot of vehicles slow down when i go out at night LOL... blue lights flickering etc.. its fun as hell. Not sure if they will respond the same way to a corde, most ppl will prob think its an impala or taurus so they will stop at the rims.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.