DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

DVD to Ipod video convertor

429 views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Morphy 
#1 ·
Anyone have a recommendation on a good program to rip DVD's to an Ipod video?

Does not need to be a free program, just want to be sure the money is being spent on a product that works

#4 ·
JoeKD said:
Anyone have a recommendation on a good program to rip DVD's to an Ipod video?

Does not need to be a free program, just want to be sure the money is being spent on a product that works

I used Cucusoft Video Converter. Very easy to use, pretty much plug and play, quality is very good. You can change the quality setting to reduce the file size, can also change audio and video setting as well as other things. I believe I paid a one time $29.95, been using it ever since. When I gave my Ipod to my brother a month ago, I believe I had about 40 movies ripped on it.

Remember though, at a high video rate with exceptional quality, it will drain your regular ipod's viewing time to like 20mins. So buy one of those external packs or something.

Here's the website.
www.cucusoft.com

#6 ·
boltuprite said:
http://www.videora.com/en-us/Converter/iPod/

This one is free but the only thing it does not have is a preview screen while it is converting.

you can convert mpeg, avi, wmv, etc or for a DVD just open the drive folder the DVD is in and transfer the Video (VOB file) or Video TS file into the converter.

Best of all, this software is free.
Ah, that's the software I've been using. I couldn't think of the name of it. I didn't realize it could convert DVDs. The biggest PITA is getting a youtube video on an ipod. You have to get the vid from the site, then you have to convert it to a format that the ipod converter recognizes, then finally convert it to an ipod compatible video.

#10 ·
My my my, I can't believe anyone pays for software anymore.

Joe, if you find the name of a program you like, there is a 99% chance I either already have it or can get it, the full version, for free. Just name it and I could email it to you or upload it somewhere.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.