DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Speed limiter

585 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  shadowvox6 
#1 · (Edited)
Anyone know a step by step in DRBIII for disabling the above feature, might go visit the guy again who helped me get rid of the xmas lights in the M cluster.

#2 ·
IIRC, you can't disable it with a DRBIII. You will need to have the ECM reprogrammed to remove it. BTW, while out scanning my M yesterday, I got up to 127 mph out on I-275 down by where I work!! Felt strong, and like it could still pull!!!

#4 ·
CaptainMorgan said:
Or you can be as cool as me :).

If I only had preformance tires, I'd be hitting those kind of speeds as soon as it gets warm enough outside to install my sge.
I have V-Rated tires on my M (149 mph)
That helps out quite a bit...

My next top speed run I want to break the 130 barrier
I came close Saturday, but not close enough.

#5 ·
Even with the 3.89 gears your car should have no problem with that barrier. Even with the spacer moving the power band down a bit. I could probably hit 130 with just my intake. I've always had tons of power left when I hit my limiter.

#6 ·
CaptainMorgan said:
Even with the 3.89 gears your car should have no problem with that barrier. Even with the spacer moving the power band down a bit. I could probably hit 130 with just my intake. I've always had tons of power left when I hit my limiter.
You don't need any mods to hit 130, just a lot of road because after around 100 that speedo climbs slow!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.