DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

The unthinkable has happened...

5K views 58 replies 28 participants last post by  [ChaosweaveR] 
#1 · (Edited)
The unthinkable has happened...(Check out the 5th page!)

...My Trep is totalled. It happened on the 19th at around 4:30pm, I was on the LIE (A highway...very BUSY highway) and I was turning into the center lane from the far right lane, and while the center lane was clear, a white car from the far left turned into the center as soon as I did, his right front clipped me, and sent me into a fishtail at 60+ mph, I couldn't recover and I smashed into the rightside guardrail, with the end result as this:

Yesterday, I salvaged what I could from my deceased car, and left it in the hands of the body shop owner. The car's stuctural integrity held up very well though, none of the windows cracked, smashed or anything, all the doors opened up fine despite such a violent hit, hell, the beast still started up after that hit! (The 3.3L is a ****ing beast). I took these pics at the yard where my car now rests:

The big white scrape is from the other car, in which the bastard took off after hitting me!

Here's the initial hit that sent me out of control.

See less See more
#6 · (Edited)
Sorry for the loss. I would hope the police were there. Looks like to me the car was towed. I dont really know what else to say. It sucks losing your car.

I know the car is in the yard but does it have any good parts on it that you would grab and sell to us?

#11 ·
:violin:

Sucks ass to hear. It's pathetic how people don't look to make sure a lane is clear. Just because they don't see anything the mirrors doesn't mean that nothing is truly there. Also, just because they have the little radar for the sides, that only goes so far.
These bastards should learn the hard way why they should look over their shoulders.
As mentioned, these cars hold up very well and are amazingly sturdy.

#16 ·
damn dude, it hurts me to see that. glad your ok. good luck with every thing.

you should get a 300m, IMHO

#18 ·
Dammit, Just as we were building number with 3.3 owners.

It good to see that your well enough to type it out and post pictures. But shame that it even happened. I say Find out if there was any traffic cams and there has ot be witnesses.

Do keeps us updated.

(Also, not to be an ass, but a fitting end to a car like that if possible, is parting out the good stuff on here. Atleast thats the only way I see me getting rid of my car for good.)

#19 ·
That's terrible, but be thankful that you are okay. I'd reccomend getting checked out as it will probabily hurt a few days later.

It's hard to look at those pictures, belive me I know. I went through the same thing back in April with my 1994 Dodge Spirit which got t-boned.

Dispite the loss of a vehicle that you pour a lot of time and money in to, be thankful that it gave it's life for you. I was very upset about loosing my Spirit, but after hearing that I could have been easily killed in the wreck I was thankful.

Best of luck.

#20 ·
Thanks for the support guys, I am lloking for another Trep. While my heart longs for another 1st gen, I've been busy looking at 2nd gens for sale. I just wish I could find one that DOESN'T have the 2.7L motor. Anyways, as for the accident, the officer filed it as a hit and run, since he saw the damage from the other white car. They told me that they'll be on the lookout for him, but unless they check every bodyshop in Suffolk and Nassau, I don't think they'll get him. But if they do, first I'll sue him for every goddamn penny he's got, then woop his ass.

#21 ·
cars can be replaced,, lives cant,, glad your ok,,, you do know a lot of first gens are around that are beggin for a new drivetrain,,,,,,
if you do want to move up to a second gen,, also look at concordes and 300m's
a silver ones are nice

#22 ·
ill sell you my trep for 600 but you got to drive to get it but it wold prolly be easier for you to get one around there it almost made me cry i love my car if some asshole did that i promise i would find them sorry for the loss hope you get another trp no use in losing spirt in em

#23 ·
blakmajik said:
ill sell you my trep for 600 but you got to drive to get it but it wold prolly be easier for you to get one around there it almost made me cry i love my car if some asshole did that i promise i would find them sorry for the loss hope you get another trp no use in losing spirt in em
you couldnt give me 600 to take your car dude.

#24 ·
[ChaosweaveR] said:
Thanks for the support guys, I am lloking for another Trep. While my heart longs for another 1st gen, I've been busy looking at 2nd gens for sale. I just wish I could find one that DOESN'T have the 2.7L motor. Anyways, as for the accident, the officer filed it as a hit and run, since he saw the damage from the other white car. They told me that they'll be on the lookout for him, but unless they check every bodyshop in Suffolk and Nassau, I don't think they'll get him. But if they do, first I'll sue him for every goddamn penny he's got, then woop his ass.
Just as side note. When looking at replacement cars, make sure you don’t buy one with questionable history and 8 layers of different graphics painted on it. Were I you, I would tell such a seller that you were looking for something with a solid body and paintjob, and that such a project now just needs to be finished. There are too many partially done projects on the market as it is.
Not that I’m referring to any specific seller though…

#26 ·
blakmajik said:
i was jus sayin and lay off my car i know it needs help but i prolly aint as old as some but **** give me a break all on my own lets see you down here doing this
i did spray can my car, check out my sig thread. but when i did it i took the parts off and masked it. also i didnt go with a retarded paint scheme.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.