Kyle Glenn Meyer 1990-2010 - Page 6 - DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #76 of 180 (permalink) Old 07-20-2010, 01:23 AM
Intrepid Pro

Reading these heart-breaking posts reminds me of my grandmother's funeral, nearly five years ago. My uncle read a poem that I found very moving:

Quote:
A ship sails and I stand watching till she fades on the horizon and someone at my side says She is gone.

Gone where? Gone from my sight, that is all. She is just as large now as when I last saw her. Her diminished size and total loss from my sight is in me, not in her.

And just at that moment, when someone at my side says she is gone, there are others who are watching her coming over their horizon and other voices take up a glad shout - There she comes!

That is what dying is. An horizon and just the limit of our sight.

Lift us up O Lord, that we may see further.
God speed, my friend. This isn't "The end." We'll be seeing you, when it is our time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 180 (permalink) Old 07-20-2010, 02:33 AM
Intrepid Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDodge View Post
it wansent a easy day at work for me, had a white second gen come in the shop,, and yep he was on my mind again,, talked to my Boss about time off for the service,, im going
wish I could go. Stuck at work till Friday morning, then Marzi has a outpatient operation on Friday noonish.
post #78 of 180 (permalink) Old 07-20-2010, 07:29 AM
The Womanizer!

I am planning on making the drive down, just need to confirm my replacement when I get to work today
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #79 of 180 (permalink) Old 07-20-2010, 09:18 AM
Intrepid Pro

I don't know where this came from, someone named Strangis heard it and recorded it as John Wayne spoke at the funeral of director Howard Hawks in 1977

"Do not stand at my grave and weep.

I am not there. I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow.

I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am sunlight on ripened grain.

I am the gentle autumn's rain.

When you awaken in the mornings hust,I am the swift uplifting rush of quiet birds in circled flight.

I am the soft star that shines at night.

Do not stand at my grave and cry, I am not there.

I did not die.

Carried this clipping since my son passed Jean, and my wifes brothers son also.
All way before their time and all way before us.

Take care of yourself and family now they need you more than ever and everyone knows you did everything you could for Kyle.

Wow, I had to go back for a few edits, couldn't hold back either.

It never gets easier you just have to do the best you can. Remember those good times and cherish those memories.

2004 300M, LUX, RB1/Sirius Saving flux capacitor for this Inferno Red PEL LOL!!

http://www.motortopia.com/garage/cars/mnitetrain

Last edited by mnitetrain; 07-20-2010 at 09:22 AM.
post #80 of 180 (permalink) Old 07-20-2010, 10:38 AM Thread Starter
I hit shit with sticks!

Garage
From Kyles dad:

Quote:
Kyle Meyer & His Intrepid Buddies July 19, 2010

Thank you all for helping, mentoring, guiding, challenging, entertaining, and most of all, befriending my son Kyle.

The Internet is adding new ways for people to relate and become friends, and Kyle coming here is a perfect, positive example.

Kyle had very focused areas of interest, and was happiest communicating with people with the same interests. He was truly at home here.

While your dedication to a particular Chrysler platform brought him here, he learned a lot more here than just cars. Among other things, you guys taught him how men with differing opinions and diverse backgrounds can get along for the greater good. Basically, respect. With all the bad stuff on the Internet for people his age, any father would be happy to have his son learn the ropes here.

Kyle took great pride in his posts and in his early days with you guys, relived them endlessly for his brother and I. He was absolutely mental about the meets and put a lot of preparation into his cars for them.

I could tell he was conflicted when his second gen Intrepid took a dump and he wanted to still hang with you guys. After that, I think he fancied himself as an Intrepid purist and got an earlier car. I was so proud and impressed the way he updated it with later parts. That car was his pride and joy. Not because it was special or unique, but because he brought it back to life himself and made it just the way he wanted it.

A typical Kylism: When he was eight or ten, as we rode past a Chevy dealership he asked what my favorite new Z/28 color was. When I told him white with orange stripes, Kyle moaned back “Daaaaad, that’s SS only.”

If Kyle had any outstanding debts, owed anyone parts, or has open issues of any kind, please do not be shy and get in touch with me through Dan. Likewise, if anyone has any questions, thoughts or concerns about Kyle, nobody enjoys talking about him more than me.

For those of you that got Kyle’s sense of humor, he will still make me laugh every day for the rest of my life.

Steve Meyer
post #81 of 180 (permalink) Old 07-20-2010, 11:55 AM
Intrepid Pro

What Mr. Meyer said there made me feel really good inside. As I told many of you guys off the boards, Kyle was like our little brother. He never said it outright, but he looked up to us. It makes me feel good that even though I may have not heard it directly that I could/may have impacted his life somehow and maybe it changed him for the better.

Kyle, we'll meet again someday, I am sure I am gonna need some help one day up there...and thats how to change/rebuild a tranny.

RIP Ginger.
post #82 of 180 (permalink) Old 07-20-2010, 12:18 PM
Bitches be like...

Garage
Dan please pass along my thanks to Steve for taking the time to write to us. That was very nice. Very good sentiments there.

RIP Kyle!

I guess maybe it's ok to ask now... was there ever any more news on what actually happened? I never saw anything....

Last edited by beeblebrox82; 07-20-2010 at 12:22 PM.
post #83 of 180 (permalink) Old 07-20-2010, 12:48 PM
Intrepid Pro

What his dad wrote...wow. Even though I only knew him threw a screen name and posts i got misty. As others have said this isn't goodbye Kyle this is c-ya. Again my condolences to the Meyer family and friends.
post #84 of 180 (permalink) Old 07-20-2010, 02:11 PM
Intrepid Pro

What strong caring parents Kyle had. I mean to take the time to communicate with the Forum is just nothing short of amazing and heart warming.
post #85 of 180 (permalink) Old 07-20-2010, 02:35 PM
Intrepid Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300maximilien View Post
What strong caring parents Kyle had. I mean to take the time to communicate with the Forum is just nothing short of amazing and heart warming.
I couldn't agree more.

Last edited by crypt keeper; 07-20-2010 at 03:25 PM.
post #86 of 180 (permalink) Old 07-20-2010, 04:43 PM
get off my lawn

Kyles Dad has class, and it showed he truly Loved his son,

now for my bad news,, looks like i cant go, I got promoted today, and well,, yadda yadda yadda,
post #87 of 180 (permalink) Old 07-20-2010, 04:54 PM
Garfield Rules

That is just cool what his dad said
post #88 of 180 (permalink) Old 07-20-2010, 05:04 PM
The Womanizer!

Yup, very classy. I know we gave Kyle crap all the time, even though we knew he was a smart kid and would make something out of himself for sure.
I still laugh about this one I posted for him as a motivational moment. It really fit with him working at the grocery store and his future ahead of him....lol
post #89 of 180 (permalink) Old 07-20-2010, 05:10 PM
get off my lawn

I didnt see it posted,, but heres what i found

Visitation to
be held at Hartson Funeral Home on Thursday, July 22, from 11:00AM to
1PM, with a
service to follow.

In lieu of flowers, memorials may be sent to Muskego High
School in the attention of Kyle Meyer Memorial Automotive Scholarship
Fund,
W183 S8750 Racine Ave., Muskego, WI 53150

Hartson Funeral Home

11111 W. Janesville Road

Hales Corners, WI 53130

414-475-9797
post #90 of 180 (permalink) Old 07-20-2010, 05:11 PM
get off my lawn

and i dont know if its his mom or his brother looking in,,, Hi There
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionaly, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Rate This Thread: