Kyle Glenn Meyer 1990-2010 - Page 8 - DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #106 of 180 (permalink) Old 07-20-2010, 09:53 PM
Intrepid Pro

i did not know kyle nor did i ever speak with him (as far as i can remember). but i must say it amazes me how much members on this website become almost like family members. you guys donating money to his family and signing t-shirts to send to him while he was in the hospital is really something. it is clear that the bond and friendship members share here is something your really not going to find very many places. and it is amazing how it all goes back to love of the LH car. im not very good with words, i hope that makes sense to everybody or you get what im trying to say. rest in peace kyle

Founder of the Steel Blue Treps of DI.net
February 2011 and May 2012 COTM Thank you!
DI.net 2nd place. 2011 Carlilse All Chrysler Nationals Thank you!
2nd place! - 2014 Carlisle All Chrysler Nationals
2002 dodge intrepid steel blue 3.5L V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by squilliam View Post
Dammit Craig. I thought I was smart for a second
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #107 of 180 (permalink) Old 07-20-2010, 10:03 PM Thread Starter
I hit shit with sticks!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by crg616 (v2) View Post
i did not know kyle nor did i ever speak with him (as far as i can remember). but i must say it amazes me how much members on this website become almost like family members. you guys donating money to his family and signing t-shirts to send to him while he was in the hospital is really something. it is clear that the bond and friendship members share here is something your really not going to find very many places. and it is amazing how it all goes back to love of the LH car. im not very good with words, i hope that makes sense to everybody or you get what im trying to say. rest in peace kyle
Very well said...Kyle was like family to many of us.....and many of us consider each other family here on the site...because weve had so many great experiences thru the years, and we share the passion for the cars, just like Kyle does.
post #108 of 180 (permalink) Old 07-20-2010, 10:11 PM
Garfield Rules

I noticed a family type atmosphere when I first joined 7 years ago. It is great that we still have that. it is what make us different than other forums, and that is what I love about it here, I think Kyle loved it to.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #109 of 180 (permalink) Old 07-20-2010, 10:14 PM
Intrepid Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytrepper View Post
Very well said...Kyle was like family to many of us.....and many of us consider each other family here on the site...because weve had so many great experiences thru the years, and we share the passion for the cars, just like Kyle does.
it encourages me to get more involved with the community. like you said, there are many great experiences that you have had, as im sure many to be had.
post #110 of 180 (permalink) Old 07-20-2010, 10:27 PM
get off my lawn

I remember one night, I tossed out a few trivia questions,, Kyle loved doing that, he was fairly good too
post #111 of 180 (permalink) Old 07-20-2010, 10:38 PM
Intrepid Pro

Kyle working on Arts car.
post #112 of 180 (permalink) Old 07-20-2010, 10:43 PM
Intrepid Pro

^ awesome picture
post #113 of 180 (permalink) Old 07-20-2010, 11:02 PM
Intrepid Pro

I've got video footage of him working on Art's car, and also working on sanding / spraying lights. Unfortunetly, I'm still working with it and trying to figure out how to get it onto Youtube. The camera that day was recording them into a type of MPEG which I am having on hell of a time editing...
post #114 of 180 (permalink) Old 07-20-2010, 11:27 PM
Intrepid Pro

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDodge View Post
I remember one night, I tossed out a few trivia questions,, Kyle loved doing that, he was fairly good too
lol he made sure he passed that rock and roll history test!
post #115 of 180 (permalink) Old 07-20-2010, 11:44 PM
Intrepid Modder

I was glad I at least got to sign the shirt!!!!
post #116 of 180 (permalink) Old 07-21-2010, 12:28 AM
Intrepid Pro

Hi, this is Kyle's mom. I check in, periodically, to see your comments and just wanted to thank you for the new pics. In looking at the pics of the meets, I want to share with you one that I remember the most. That was the second meet Kyle went to, down in Shaumburg Ill. He was ready to prove himself that he was a man to me, and he was insisted that he go it alone. I told him, I could go with, go shopping and you could pick me up when you are done. Being 17, and a fairly inexperienced driver, I was not thrilled with the idea of him driving the Suburban Chicago expressway on his own, but I let him spread his wings, just a little bit more and allowed him to go. As my memory serves me, he left our house, at about 10 in the morning, to get down there by noon. He didn't get home until after 2am that night. As any frantic mother would be, I remember calling him at 9pm and asking him, "when will you be home?" He said, "I'm on my way". Little did I know, what he meant by, "I'm leaving now", meant, he and the guys were heading to downtown Chicago. I remember calling him at 11pm, trying to get in touch with him, and he had turned his phone off, implying, "mom, you're embarrassing me". I remember when he got home, he was so excited and he told me it took him a little longer because he got lost, and scrambled to the computer to show me the pics of where he went. From that day forward, I knew I had lost my little boy and he was turning into a young man. I never had to worry about him drinking or doing drugs...he only wanted to be with people who shared the same interest in the love of their LH cars as much as he did.

I'm not sure who was at that meet, but I know it was back in 2008. The pics are posted, somewhere on this site, and it would be fun to see them again. I particularly like the one of the group of guys standing at the field museum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan View Post
I know, as soon as I figured that out I said dammit, fukin Kyle was right.
post #117 of 180 (permalink) Old 07-21-2010, 12:40 AM Thread Starter
I hit shit with sticks!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaTrep View Post
Hi, this is Kyle's mom. I check in, periodically, to see your comments and just wanted to thank you for the new pics. In looking at the pics of the meets, I want to share with you one that I remember the most. That was the second meet Kyle went to, down in Shaumburg Ill. He was ready to prove himself that he was a man to me, and he was insisted that he go it alone. I told him, I could go with, go shopping and you could pick me up when you are done. Being 17, and a fairly inexperienced driver, I was not thrilled with the idea of him driving the Suburban Chicago expressway on his own, but I let him spread his wings, just a little bit more and allowed him to go. As my memory serves me, he left our house, at about 10 in the morning, to get down there by noon. He didn't get home until after 2am that night. As any frantic mother would be, I remember calling him at 9pm and asking him, "when will you be home?" He said, "I'm on my way". Little did I know, what he meant by, "I'm leaving now", meant, he and the guys were heading to downtown Chicago. I remember calling him at 11pm, trying to get in touch with him, and he had turned his phone off, implying, "mom, you're embarrassing me". I remember when he got home, he was so excited and he told me it took him a little longer because he got lost, and scrambled to the computer to show me the pics of where he went. From that day forward, I knew I had lost my little boy and he was turning into a young man. I never had to worry about him drinking or doing drugs...he only wanted to be with people who shared the same interest in the love of their LH cars as much as he did.

I'm not sure who was at that meet, but I know it was back in 2008. The pics are posted, somewhere on this site, and it would be fun to see them again. I particularly like the one of the group of guys standing at the field museum.
Hahaa.....Jeanne, he was in my car...riding to downtown Chicago that night....I can remember his phone ringing over and over..dont remember much of the convos, but remember hearing "mooooommmmm".....(I remember thinking, shes gonna kill us...Kyle um??) I also remember, this was the first time I met Kyle....and everyone at the meet had decided to check out downtown chicago that night...he rode with me, and I handed him the radio remote...said put on whatever you like...I got to handle this traffic...and he put on Metallica....he didnt say a word for the rest of the drive.......

The second pic in my last post is from that meet...you can see Kyle strolling across the parking lot...I can post a few more pics from that meet if you like...

1998 Dodge Intrepid
Ram Logistics Director; Danbo Truck & Diesel, Inc.
Chairman; Let Your 2.7 Live Foundation
President, Danbo Drumming Ventures, GmbH;

Last edited by Daytrepper; 07-21-2010 at 12:54 AM.
post #118 of 180 (permalink) Old 07-21-2010, 12:51 AM
Intrepid Pro

Garage
Though I never had the chance to meet Kyle in person, there's one thing that I'll always remember about him on the site... when he'd give you "REP" (reputation, the little "scale" thing on the left hand side of the screen) he'd leave the little note that read; "Mega Rep from MegaTrep".
post #119 of 180 (permalink) Old 07-21-2010, 01:43 AM
Intrepid Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrep_ED View Post
Though I never had the chance to meet Kyle in person, there's one thing that I'll always remember about him on the site... when he'd give you "REP" (reputation, the little "scale" thing on the left hand side of the screen) he'd leave the little note that read; "Mega Rep from MegaTrep".

He posted one for me that just said Hey dude. it was awesome, shows what kinda guy he was
post #120 of 180 (permalink) Old 07-21-2010, 01:55 AM
Intrepid Pro

Those pics really touched me... :(
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionaly, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Rate This Thread: