DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

ANybody know?

600 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  sodamninsane 
#1 ·
How much a fuel line for an LHS costs?

I've got a leak, I was feeling around the line today and it feels like something chewed into it. It's not cracked, just really rough.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure it's the feed line for the rail, not the return or evap lines. The car will only start if I give it some pedal, and it drips fuel onto the driveway. (no i'm not an idiot and driving the car around, this car is now my winter beater).

Anyway, anyone know how much one costs? Do i have to replace the whole metal line to the tank (which is fine) or can I just replace the plastic part which is where I believe the leak is coming from. I have the service manual but this is the most useless section in the whole thing, found next to no info. I haven't yet pulled the upper intake to get a good look at it.

#2 ·
Gotta replace the whole line from front to back. Sounds like it might have rusted out. Its actually a pretty easy job, the fuel line comes pre-bent from the dealer and ready to install. About $80 for main feed fuel line.

There are repair kits available to seal the line up at NAPA, but I personally dont trust using them.

#3 ·
nope, I'm all about replacing the whole thing, don't trust patch jobs especially for fuel.

Anway, I need to get the upper intake manifold off to really get a look at it, but it feels like it's broken in the plastic section of the line so I'm not sure whats up yet.

Thanks!
Andy

#6 ·
yeah thats my plan after looking at it again today.

#9 ·
mmm. dunno, haven't seen a notice and frankly after 150k miles I don't really care. I pulled the strut tower bar and associated parts off last night and sure enough there's a nice little crack / hole and fountain of fuel coming out of the main feed line. off to the dealer i go tonight.

Any special tools for undoing those quick disconnects? Haven't checked in the service manual yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.