DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat - View Single Post - Salvage Title, 300M, questions
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 10:34 AM Thread Starter
NHogan
Speed is Power

Salvage Title, 300M, questions

Last night I drove to Cedar Rapids and checked out almost every dealership that town had lol and finally found a few 300M's the one that I thought was all cheap and somewhat happy to see what complete trashed. Pieces were missing, hood was scratched bad, engine was making a belt noise, outside trim pieces were missing, etc. I passed on that one after I talked him down a 1,000 and he said no.

Then I went and looked at an 02 300M in Gold color with 70,000 miles for 7000. I'm sure I can talk'em down a nit. However it has a salvage title from a rear end crash. She looks all good now. This car has crystal clean headlights, the car is just all around clean. Leather looks new, engine sounds perfert! I wasnt too excited about the Gold color but I think it does look nice after seeing it in person. Also gold isnt a color you see alot on the road. I'm waiting for this guy to call me back to tell me about the salvage title.

Questions -
Anyone have carfax?
I know they did some cost cutting in 02 what all was cut? (02 means newer BCM?)
Is 7000 good for an 02 that looks almost mint?
Does the salvage title scare people? (If i ever wanted to resell the car it may give me problems selling it)
(My moms mini van has a salvage title because it was in a dealership warehouse fire and the mirrors and some paint melted in a fire. But the van looks good after they fixed it and wasnt in any vechile accidents)

2007 Chrysler Sebring Sedan
1997 Dodge Ram 1500
2002 Chrysler 300M
SOLD
2004 Dodge Intrepid Police Package
SOLD 1996 Dodge Intrepid
SOLD
1996 Dodge Intrepid ES

Former DodgeIntrepid.net Admin

Is your check engine light on and you wonder what it means?
(93-97) 1st Gen Fault Codes --- (98-04) 2nd Gen Fault Codes

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome