I guess it's time for an update. I've been pretty busy with a motor swap on another car so between family events and the weather progress is rather slow. At the start of all this (mid-March) I was hoping to have the truck ready and on the road by June, but all the issues with my paperwork have really delayed things. I think the end of September is a more realistic goal now since I don't expect to send the truck to the body shop for another 2-3 weeks.
As previously mentioned, a few weeks back I picked up a large amount of the parts I need to get the truck fixed. I got a great deal on these and traded some of those headlights and taillights I had picked up of Kijiji towards the final bill. Included in this are a lot of small nickel and dime parts that would have really added up. The remaining high dollar parts are the RH Fender, the Upper Bumper Cover (plastic), the Front Frame Rail/Horns, and Windshield. There are few mechanical items left too but those aren't too expensive.
Most of the parts, as loaded in the back of the 2008 (the fender is in the cab).
The salvaged apron tubes and lower rad support from a burnt-out '13 EcoBoost.
Last week I met with the owner of the body shop that I will be using and we figured out a game plan for the repair. I'm going to do most of the tear down required on the truck, including pulling the dash in order to have access to the back side of the welds that connect the apron tube to the cab. They believe they can straiten my existing frame and that a frame swap is unnecessary. We won't know for sure until it goes on the frame bench to be measured though. If it comes down to a frame swap, I've got a donor located.
I now have a list of what needs to be done before it gets towed over as well as the parts I need to have so they can do the work. There's a fair amount of work left, and I'm not looking forward to pulling the dash out of her. I've also got a lot of prep work to do on all the PTM parts in order to minimize the body shop costs but they don't all need to be ready when the truck leaves my place.
One last thing, I cleaned out the box and power washed the bed. I wanted to see if the purple discoloring would come out. I didn't spend much time on it, and didn't use any cleaner, but it looks promising! Once everything is all said and done I'll go see how much it is to have the bed touched up since there are a few spots where the bed liner is chunked out.