As you all may know my dad has the Intrepid for the time being and I got a Kia Optima LX v6
Anyways, the Optima's in the shop, but I'll give a little update, as well as my audio setup
Cleaned and waxed:
She looks happy:
RIP old 2.7.... So pretty, new one's ugly :( :
Okay so my first “mod” (some people consider it a mod, I do, but don't at the same time) was installation of my audio equipment. I had pretty much all I needed from my previous vehicle. Only thing was I wanted a new box, especailly since I got a new amp from a friend, and because the box from before didn't even fit correctly in the trunk of my Intrepid, let alone the Optima.... I also needed the correct adapter.... All in all it cost me about $85 for the connector and all the stuff to build the box ( including the partial carpeting) Anyways, enough talk. Here are the pictures.
Test fitting one sub in the baffle board:
Test fitting both subs in the baffle board with a widened port opening:
Building the box. It's double baffled, the port is actually made of MDF as well. The way I made it, it substitutes for bracing, and I sanding the edges to reduce port noise:
After the box was built, test fitting it in the car.... Perfect measurements:
Carpeting the box:
Box carpeted with speakers being installed:
Box with subs installed in car:
And the beast with it's little purple brother (purple one is for 6x9's and components when I install them) Also you can see only the front, sides, and top parts of the box are carpeted:
I hope you all liked.
By the way, this was the 1st box I ever made, and yes I took care to try and get my measurements as exact as possible, as well as tune the box to around 40-44 hz