DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

o2 sesnor

593 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  95 Intrepid Evil's 
#1 ·
How can i get the o2 sensor out have the tool but it's really stuck in there can i use a torch and what kind of torch to remove it.

#3 ·
Ugh, what a PITA.

PB Blaster should work. Spray the piss out of it. If its really bad, spray it everyday for a week or so. This is really gonna be good if you drive it daily as well.

Then, you can use a torch to get it out. A propane torch should get the job done. If is really bad and you have access to one, an Oxyacetylene torch will work, but a bit overkill lol. Also, when you try and get it out, do it when the engine hasnt been driven for a while. (like a day or so). Lastly, use a big ass breaker bar to get better leverage. Hopefully the one you are trying to get out has enough room around it to use a nice sized one.

#7 · (Edited)
Their on the manfiold, for the 3.5L it's a bit of a pita, but not so much since our manfiolds are out in the open. Passenger side anyways, drivers side is a *****!

You could also getting the exhaust nice and hot then shooting some wd-40 and trying it, might help might not.

When i took mine out i had me and my dad both pulling on the same wrench it broke free but my arm caught the clamp for the top radiator hose, it was pleasant!

Of course the intake is in the way but a couple clamps and that is out of the way and the coil pack isn't there either but you get the idea...

#9 ·
There are two on each side of the car, one under each exhaust manifold beside the engine block, feel up behind that, it is easy to find em, then two under the car, after the precats sitting on top, it isn't hard to fit a 36'' breaker bar up there if it has a swivel end on it. But in the engine bay, yes it is nearly impossible to fit one that big, but you can do it from the bottom, you just won't get a large turn radius with it.

This is on the 3.3, I am unsure of how hard it would be to get to the ones on a 3.5....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.