Well, I pulled the cover off (and proceeded to throw it in the trash) and got to work today. Here's what I started with:
Naturally, it didnt start, so I decided to pull every extra wire I could find. Over the 4 years I drove this car I made a lot of interior changes with neons and speakers and amps, etc and there was a ton of extra crap wired up. Here's how that started:
Then I went under the hood to play around with the battery terminals and whatnot:
Ahh a spider!!!
And here's all the crap I removed:
Pile #3 (Keeper Pile):
Cleaned up Terminals:
Cleaned up Trunk:
Found my show sign in the trunk of my car (half of this stuff is no longer true!)
Then I needed a break... So I started cleaning some of the crap out of my moms yard. And there is PLENTY of crap (88 Cutlass, 92 Stealth, 80s Honda Bike, Golf Cart, 91 Dakota, Kawasaki 4 Wheeler, Jen's Cavalier, Mom's Dakota and Jeep Wrangler, My Grand Cherokee and Intrepid, and not pictured is my brother's 3000GT...):
And a few piles of tires:
My shed and Air Compressor (I don't live there but My house doesnt have anywhere to store my stuff so i bought this shed for my moms house):
Back to the Intrepid... after all that work, it still didn't start so i brought out my jeep and the jumper cables:
Engine bay of my Jeep (not too bad for 184,000 miles!)
In the end, I got her running just fine and took it for a ride. My prognosis: Motor mounts are trash, alignment is awful, tires and rims are awful, still unsure if the electrical issue is figured out, probably tire rod end issues. All in all, a couple hundred bucks and she should be back on the road!
More to come!