DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

New guy to the forum

2K views 21 replies 19 participants last post by  Intrepid Fridge 
#1 ·
I just thought i'd post soe pics of my new car. it was a steal. 1999 ES, 103K for 2K.

as of now i dont really have any big plans for this car it's just my daily driver car for now. altho i am thinking of doing some window tints. prolly 20% on the rear doors and rear windshield.
I gotta say Im lovin the Autostick but this motor doesnt have much power. I think it could use a good tune up tho. and my check engine light is on so i'll have to get the code checked to see wat's goin on.
I'll get some more pics if i get a chance to detail it before winter hits.

-Colin

See less See more
#15 ·
thanx for the warm welcome guys. much apprecitated. i bought from a retired engineer from chrysler and he had just fixed the timing chains on it along with putting in the stop-block thingy. I want to say i remember him saying something about replacing the water pump too but im not sure. I've had the car randomly shutting off on me at times so i hope its something small like ignition parts or an O2 sensor.
btw, Im averaging about 22.5mpg driving a mix of city and hwy. is that about average or is it on the low side?

#21 ·
ok so it turns out i can check the codes by turning my ignition key on, off, on, off then on. the 2 codes it showed are minor. possible unplugged/bad 02 sensor after cat and battery disconnected within the last 50 starts(due to battery changed recently).

so I plan to give it a tune up soon and see how it runs since it's pitifully slow lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.