CYLINDER HEAD COVER
WARNING: DO NOT START OR RUN ENGINE WITH
CYLINDER HEAD COVER REMOVED FROM THE
ENGINE. DAMAGE OR PERSONAL INJURY MAY
(1) Remove air cleaner assembly and upper intake
manifold. Refer to Intake Manifold in this section for
(2) Cover lower intake manifold with a suitable
cover during service.
(3) Disconnect electrical connectors and remove
ignition coils (Fig. 59).
(4) Remove nuts attaching wire harness to cylinder
head cover (Fig. 58). Move harness for cover
(5) For right cylinder head cover removal perform
(a) Remove A/C compressor belt. Refer to COOLING
SYSTEM for procedure.
(b) Remove A/C compressor mounting bolts.
(c) Move compressor aside for cylinder head
(6) Remove cylinder head cover bolts and remove