Add SKIM keys to 03 Intrepid fail
Hi guys, hoping someone can help me with my situation:
1) 3.5 ES was sitting in my garage for 5 years after timing chain was replaced. We had bought new Toyota Sienna so it sat.
2) Lost/misplaced all SKIM keys.
3) Had one valet key (NON-SKIM) that I can open the door and put the car in the ON position, but it won't start. Light on dash flashing, meaning anti-theft still engaged.
4) Bought blank 2 SKIM keys off eBay, used key machine at Home Depot to cut blank SKIM keys from valet key.
5) Went to dealer, showed ID and registration from 5 years ago and they gave me the SKIM PIN.
6) Used an Autel OBD computer, was able to get into the SKIM menu, entered SKIM PIN, erased programmed keys (2). SKIM status then showed 0 programmed keys.
7) Went into SKIM menu, entered SKIM PIN, go to add new keys menu and get a SKIM communication failure.
Ideas/suggestions why I can't add these? Do the blank eBay SKIM keys need to be coded using a machine prior to pairing it with the SKIM module, or is it done by the SKIM module in the car?