radio/ac control swap - DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-29-2010, 10:42 AM Thread Starter
Intrepid Newbie
 
BulletPR00FXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: ohio
Posts: 90
Feedback: 0 / 0%
                     
radio/ac control swap

i was looking at my cd player yesterday, and driving down the road its hard to read what it says an the screen cause its so low. i started thinking and im curious what it takes to swap the ac controls and the cd player spots. i would much rather have the cd player up top...

the holes look about the same size, but im not sure if the brackets will match up (probably not) and what you might do to make it work if they dont.

also, i dont remember what it looked like in that hole when i put my aftermarket cd player in, but im not sure if the ac wires are long enough or if the hole is deep enough.

let me know what you guys think.

also, so i dont waste another post for a dumb question, could anyone tell me how to fix this problem, my ac control lights, that light up behind the nobs go out sometimes, i have to kind of knock on the front of it and the lights come back on (or go off) there are i believe 3 lights back there and they have i think all went out, but the one behind the fan speed has been the worst...

thanks for your help

Last edited by BulletPR00FXX; 12-30-2010 at 12:09 PM.
BulletPR00FXX is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-29-2010, 05:11 PM
yippee ki yay

 
TrepCruzin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 5,811
Feedback: 2 / 100%
                     
you might want to PM Spad3 aka: kingspade on that.....he has already done something like that.
TrepCruzin is offline  
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-29-2010, 06:24 PM
Intrepid Pro
 
scarce911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Van Wert, Ohio
Posts: 1,009
Feedback: 8 / 90%
                     
PROS: Extending the wires is no big deal if you need to. and you can get an extension for the antenna if you need for pretty cheap.

CONS:The cd player is mounted to the dash .. the atc mounted to the bezel.. The cd player is larger than the atc. You will have to cut the dash up quite extensively to do what you want, The cd player is too heavy to mount to the bezel so you'll have to custom fab a bracket just like the existing one...The hard part would be getting the trim ring to line up with the bezel..but there are ways to make it easy.
I am in the process of moving the whole center stack around..how I am doing it is cut the trim ring from the bezel and fiber glassing it how I want it positioned.. but in my case I am deleting the cd player from the center stack and mounting the face separate from the head unit (HU will be mounted hidden inside the dash).....if you were going to use an aftermarket cd player it would make things easier, you could build a sleeve out of 1/2" mdf hanging off of the rear of the bezel to help even out the weight.. you'll still have to build something to hold the bottom of the cd player to hold it from below... quite a bit of work


my temporary sig page..till I get time to make one! HERE
scarce911 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-29-2010, 06:30 PM
Intrepid Pro
 
scarce911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Van Wert, Ohio
Posts: 1,009
Feedback: 8 / 90%
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletPR00FXX View Post
could anyone tell me how to fix this problem, my ac control lights, that light up behing the nobs go out sometimes, i have to kind of knock on the front of it and the lights come back on (or go off) there are i beleive 3 lights back there and they have i think all went out, but the one behing the fan speed has been the worst...
You might have to do the re-solder trick..but normally that's for the display going out.... maybe your harness or a wire in the harness is just loose.(orange is illumination)...maybe try taking the bulb holders out and cleaning the contact points on the board with a pencil eraser ...............do the button and dial lights go out separately? (dial light off..button lights still on)
scarce911 is offline  
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-30-2010, 11:42 AM Thread Starter
Intrepid Newbie
 
BulletPR00FXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: ohio
Posts: 90
Feedback: 0 / 0%
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarce911 View Post
You might have to do the re-solder trick..but normally that's for the display going out.... maybe your harness or a wire in the harness is just loose.(orange is illumination)...maybe try taking the bulb holders out and cleaning the contact points on the board with a pencil eraser ...............do the button and dial lights go out separately? (dial light off..button lights still on)
well there are the 3 nobs, usually only one or 2 of the nobs wont lite up i think each one separately needs fixed because only one could go out, or another... the buttons i havent payed attention to... but i assume they work fine. only the ones that are behind the ac nobs.

thanks for the help, ill look more into it but idk if i want to go through all of the trouble right now (especially in the cold winter time)
BulletPR00FXX is offline  
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-30-2010, 11:43 AM Thread Starter
Intrepid Newbie
 
BulletPR00FXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: ohio
Posts: 90
Feedback: 0 / 0%
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrepCruzin View Post
you might want to PM Spad3 aka: kingspade on that.....he has already done something like that.
could you send me a link? i havent been able to find him. thanks
BulletPR00FXX is offline  
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-30-2010, 11:58 AM
Intrepid Pro
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 8,218
Feedback: 2 / 100%
                     
crypt keeper is offline  
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-30-2010, 12:09 PM Thread Starter
Intrepid Newbie
 
BulletPR00FXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: ohio
Posts: 90
Feedback: 0 / 0%
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypt keeper View Post
thanks, i sent him a pm.
BulletPR00FXX is offline  
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-30-2010, 02:53 PM
Intrepid Pro
 
SPAD3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Indy
Posts: 1,268
Feedback: 16 / 90%
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarce911 View Post
PROS: Extending the wires is no big deal if you need to. and you can get an extension for the antenna if you need for pretty cheap.

CONS:The cd player is mounted to the dash .. the atc mounted to the bezel.. The cd player is larger than the atc. You will have to cut the dash up quite extensively to do what you want, The cd player is too heavy to mount to the bezel so you'll have to custom fab a bracket just like the existing one...The hard part would be getting the trim ring to line up with the bezel..but there are ways to make it easy.
I am in the process of moving the whole center stack around..how I am doing it is cut the trim ring from the bezel and fiber glassing it how I want it positioned.. but in my case I am deleting the cd player from the center stack and mounting the face separate from the head unit (HU will be mounted hidden inside the dash).....if you were going to use an aftermarket cd player it would make things easier, you could build a sleeve out of 1/2" mdf hanging off of the rear of the bezel to help even out the weight.. you'll still have to build something to hold the bottom of the cd player to hold it from below... quite a bit of work
Basically what he said. No matter how you want to arrange it, some cutting or modifying will have to be done. I have relocated nearly everything in the dash. Wire extensions are easy if you have access to a parts car and some solder. Best thing to do is get spare parts before you start so you will always be able to return it to stock,
SPAD3 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionaly, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Rate This Thread:



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome