I know many may look at this and laugh, however, the thought has crossed my mind about whether we can, or can not.
You look at some of the vehicles out there that HAVE boost, and their a lot like ours. High powered, V6's, or 4's, that haul lots of weight, on a beefy drivetrain.
So, what is the probability of boosting our cars? Is it even a remote chance, or just a fancifull thought with no hope of execution?
1) Will one or two turbos even FIT under the hood of a 3.2/3.5 Trep? What about a Supercharger?
2) Is it a logistic nightmare dealing with the fuel problems, and electronics issues? Obvioulsy a reprogram would be in store, but would that be enough?
3) Cost is going to obvioulsy be high, but would it be worth the extra 75-150 hp we would get from boost?
4) Most importantly, would the car handle that much more power? Will the drivetrain fall apart? Will the engine implode on itself? What would happen?
5) What about Nitrous? Muhahahahaha....
Just putting the idea in everyones head...
Tell me what you think. Good idea, or totally off my rocker?