yet another evic question - DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-23-2005, 10:20 PM Thread Starter
Intrepid Modder
 
spydermanES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Wheaton, IL
Posts: 481
Feedback: 16 / 100%
                     
yet another evic question

hey guys i found an evic from a 2000 grand cherokee at the junkyard yesterday, i installed it in place of my otis on my 2000 ES. From everything i've read, the 2000 ES premium bcm is compatible with the programmiing functions of the evic. I don't have the factory keyless transmitter so i don't know if changing any of the settings works. the one settiing i'm curious about is the headliight delay setting. is this the delay for how long the lights stay on after u turn the car off? I've also heard that the older evic 99-00 style may not work properely with the lh cars, can anyone verify this for me? I also get a message on the evic display saying that 2 doors are open when i open any door other than the driver door. also how do i calibrate the compass? it keeps reading south and southeast only

Last edited by spydermanES; 10-23-2005 at 10:32 PM.
spydermanES is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-23-2005, 10:40 PM
Intrepid Pro
 
sneke_eyez's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: North Brookfield/Worcester, Massachusetts
Posts: 2,145
Feedback: 1 / 100%
                     
i have a 2001 Jeep Cherokee EVIC in my 2002 ES and it works perfectly, as a matter of fact when Scott (My friend, IS300M) took it out of the Cherokee, he remarked that it said something like LH-EVIC on it, and that they were definitely the same things, even labeled the same, something he never noticed before
(its not a 2000 Cherokee EVIC though, so i'm not really telling you anything )
and the headlight delay setting is indeed to set the amount of time your autoheadlights stay on after you turn the car off
as for other programming options i don't know what works with pre-2001 cars, I usually use the OTIS/EVIC FAQ thread in the FAQ section as my bible...

Ryan
FOUNDING MEMBER OF THE SILVER TREPS OF DI.NET!

My For Sale Thread! COMPLETELY NEW THREAD!! Check it Out! / My 2002 ES Sig Thread /January 2006 IOM! - Thanks for the honor!!!
The Intrepid has entered storage mode until Summer 08.
Currently driving a 1997 Ford Taurus GL.
sneke_eyez is offline  
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-23-2005, 10:45 PM
Intrepid Pro
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Abilene Texas
Posts: 2,074
Feedback: 2 / 100%
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by spydermanES
the one settiing i'm curious about is the headliight delay setting. is this the delay for how long the lights stay on after u turn the car off?

also how do i calibrate the compass? it keeps reading south and southeast only
Question 1. Yes
Question 2. If you are getting the CAL symbol on the display, with the ignition ON and the compass/ temp displayed, press and hold the RESET button until the CAL symbol appears (about 10 seconds). Drive slowly (about 5MPH) in 3 complete 360 circles. The cal light will turn off and the compass will be calibrated.

Hope that helps.
silver&gold is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-23-2005, 10:46 PM Thread Starter
Intrepid Modder
 
spydermanES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Wheaton, IL
Posts: 481
Feedback: 16 / 100%
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneke_eyez
i have a 2001 Jeep Cherokee EVIC in my 2002 ES and it works perfectly, as a matter of fact when Scott (My friend, IS300M) took it out of the Cherokee, he remarked that it said something like LH-EVIC on it, and that they were definitely the same things, even labeled the same, something he never noticed before
(its not a 2000 Cherokee EVIC though, so i'm not really telling you anything )
and the headlight delay setting is indeed to set the amount of time your autoheadlights stay on after you turn the car off
as for other programming options i don't know what works with pre-2001 cars, I usually use the OTIS/EVIC FAQ thread in the FAQ section is my bible...
your car is a 2001 so it has a different bcm, and your evic is newer too. i've read soo many diff compatibility issues about 2000's that i'm lost. i think i'm gonna re-read the otis/evic thread
spydermanES is offline  
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-23-2005, 10:59 PM Thread Starter
Intrepid Modder
 
spydermanES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Wheaton, IL
Posts: 481
Feedback: 16 / 100%
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver&gold
Question 1. Yes
Question 2. If you are getting the CAL symbol on the display, with the ignition ON and the compass/ temp displayed, press and hold the RESET button until the CAL symbol appears (about 10 seconds). Drive slowly (about 5MPH) in 3 complete 360 circles. The cal light will turn off and the compass will be calibrated.

Hope that helps.
the cal symbol isn't on, will holding the reset button still get me into calibrate mode? i tried holding the reset button last night and it took me into a weird screen that i could change numbers between like 1 and 10.
spydermanES is offline  
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-23-2005, 11:22 PM
Intrepid Pro
 
IS300M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: RT 128 + RT 95
Posts: 4,083
Feedback: 0 / 0%
                     
Ive never tried an EVIC in a 2000, I will sometime this week, ive got an exta laying around here some where, and will stop my by grandmothers and check in here 00 Concorde. My experience is that the EVIC programmable functions do not work at all in 98 and 99 cars. The numbers represent magnetic varience, there is a map in your manual that has a whole bunch of numbers and lines on it correspond your state to the number.

Calibrate the compass manually as follows:
(1) Turn the ignition switch to the On position. If
the compass/temperature data is not currently being
displayed, momentarily depress and release the C/T
push button to reach the compass/temperature display.
(2) Depress the Reset push button and hold the
button down until “CAL” appears in the display. This
takes about ten seconds, and appears about five seconds
after “VARIANCE = XX” is displayed.
(3) Release the Reset push button.
(4) Drive the vehicle on a level surface, away from
large metal objects and power lines, through one
complete circle at between five and eight kilometersper-
hour (three and five miles-per-hour) in not less
than 20 seconds. The “CAL” message will disappear
from the display to indicate that the compass is now
calibrated.
NOTE: If the “CAL” message remains in the display,
either there is excessive magnetism near the compass,
or the unit is faulty. Repeat the calibration
procedure one more time.
NOTE: If the wrong direction is still indicated in the
compass display, the area selected for calibration
may be too close to a strong magnetic field. Repeat
the calibration procedure in another location.
IS300M is offline  
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-23-2005, 11:28 PM Thread Starter
Intrepid Modder
 
spydermanES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Wheaton, IL
Posts: 481
Feedback: 16 / 100%
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by IS300M
Ive never tried an EVIC in a 2000, I will sometime this week, ive got an exta laying around here some where, and will stop my by grandmothers and check in here 00 Concorde. My experience is that the EVIC programmable functions do not work at all in 98 and 99 cars. The numbers represent magnetic varience, there is a map in your manual that has a whole bunch of numbers and lines on it correspond your state to the number.

Calibrate the compass manually as follows:
(1) Turn the ignition switch to the On position. If
the compass/temperature data is not currently being
displayed, momentarily depress and release the C/T
push button to reach the compass/temperature display.
(2) Depress the Reset push button and hold the
button down until “CAL” appears in the display. This
takes about ten seconds, and appears about five seconds
after “VARIANCE = XX” is displayed.
(3) Release the Reset push button.
(4) Drive the vehicle on a level surface, away from
large metal objects and power lines, through one
complete circle at between five and eight kilometersper-
hour (three and five miles-per-hour) in not less
than 20 seconds. The “CAL” message will disappear
from the display to indicate that the compass is now
calibrated.
NOTE: If the “CAL” message remains in the display,
either there is excessive magnetism near the compass,
or the unit is faulty. Repeat the calibration
procedure one more time.
NOTE: If the wrong direction is still indicated in the
compass display, the area selected for calibration
may be too close to a strong magnetic field. Repeat
the calibration procedure in another location.
awesome, thats the exact kinda directions i was lookin for. thanks. now i just gotta fiigure out my compatibility issuses
spydermanES is offline  
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-23-2005, 11:28 PM
Intrepid Pro
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Abilene Texas
Posts: 2,074
Feedback: 2 / 100%
                     
Yeah...there is that whole variance thing. Guess it sdepends on where ya live. I was just reading that out of my owners manual. Do what IS300M just wrote down.
silver&gold is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionaly, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Rate This Thread:



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OTIS to EVIC conversion question hardwareguy Performance / Modifications (Second Generation) 29 03-15-2007 11:03 PM
EVIC question spreadhead14 General Discussion (Second Generation) 3 02-22-2005 01:10 AM
EVIC question cjgintrepid04 General Discussion (Second Generation) 3 06-11-2004 07:07 AM
EVIC install question (Blue/Black or Blue/White wire??) DjPiLL General Discussion (Second Generation) 6 08-21-2003 02:04 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome