Changing Dash skin basically - DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-23-2013, 12:23 PM Thread Starter
Intrepid Modder
 
CPU Xtreme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 346
Feedback: 1 / 100%
 
Changing Dash skin basically

i want to use and intrepid 2000 dash just the skin/structure basically ( because it is mint and been redone black) and utilize all the inner wiring, components etc from my 2002 dash.
My question is what might be some unforeseen problems they i may encounter?
CPU Xtreme is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-23-2013, 07:27 PM
Intrepid Modder
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 738
Feedback: 0 / 0%
                     
Nothing as for problems!

As long as you retain the same wiring from your car or utilize wiring from the same year bracket as your car you'll be fine(98-01 and 02-04). If you can find an IP harness with ATC and a ATC head, definitely a good time to do the swap if you have MTC.

Wiring from any of the LH models, Intrepid, 300M, Concorde and LHS will swap between the different dashes encase you or anyone else is wondering. All plug and play.

If you're painting your dash, clean it well, because if anyone ever armour all'd it or used some oil based product on it, the paint is going to separate like oil and water. I've found spraying a reducer or cheap paint on it first and wiping it all down tends to bring out all the chemicals. This is a trick me and a friend use when doing body work and painting.

Oil and other products are tremendous buggers.
SRT6INTREPID is offline  
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-24-2013, 07:29 AM
tgs
Intrepid Pro
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Stuck in Indianapolis until the end of time
Posts: 1,871
Feedback: 3 / 100%
                     
^^^^^^^^^^ x2

Any of the Intrepid dashes from 1998 - 2004 will work.

One annoying thing I've noticed with the 02+ dashes is that they develop a crack
in the crease over the passenger side air bag.
tgs is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-24-2013, 09:15 AM Thread Starter
Intrepid Modder
 
CPU Xtreme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 346
Feedback: 1 / 100%
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgs View Post
^^^^^^^^^^ x2

Any of the Intrepid dashes from 1998 - 2004 will work.

One annoying thing I've noticed with the 02+ dashes is that they develop a crack
in the crease over the passenger side air bag.
Yes i agree, that is why i am changing mine out
CPU Xtreme is offline  
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-24-2013, 09:31 AM Thread Starter
Intrepid Modder
 
CPU Xtreme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 346
Feedback: 1 / 100%
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT6INTREPID View Post
Nothing as for problems!

As long as you retain the same wiring from your car or utilize wiring from the same year bracket as your car you'll be fine(98-01 and 02-04). If you can find an IP harness with ATC and a ATC head, definitely a good time to do the swap if you have MTC.

Wiring from any of the LH models, Intrepid, 300M, Concorde and LHS will swap between the different dashes encase you or anyone else is wondering. All plug and play.

If you're painting your dash, clean it well, because if anyone ever armour all'd it or used some oil based product on it, the paint is going to separate like oil and water. I've found spraying a reducer or cheap paint on it first and wiping it all down tends to bring out all the chemicals. This is a trick me and a friend use when doing body work and painting.

Oil and other products are tremendous buggers.
Thanks, as for cleaning it i used a 2 items i 1st washed it with a dish soap then,used a wax and grease cleaner from SPI and for final i went over the whole thing with Denatured alcohol. It looks like new
here is some pics of the work
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5332838&type=1
CPU Xtreme is offline  
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-25-2013, 09:44 PM
Bitches be like...


 
beeblebrox82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Holland, MI
Posts: 16,618
Feedback: 6 / 100%
                     
Garage
it's not limited to 2002+ all dashes will eventually fail methinks.
beeblebrox82 is offline  
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-27-2013, 01:29 AM
Intrepid Modder
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 738
Feedback: 0 / 0%
                     
It all looks awesome, been following your dream build for awhile haha
SRT6INTREPID is offline  
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-27-2013, 07:18 AM Thread Starter
Intrepid Modder
 
CPU Xtreme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 346
Feedback: 1 / 100%
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT6INTREPID View Post
It all looks awesome, been following your dream build for awhile haha
Thanks, it is a labor of love I enjoy the build, it will take as long as it takes I am in no hurry.

Does anyone one no if I will need any different wiring to get the side mirror to dim with the auto dim feature on the rear view mirror. I have the 300m special wiring package for the doors and the body harness, or do I have to change out the wiring going to the rearview mirror. I do all ready have the ATC with the tire pressure sensors
CPU Xtreme is offline  
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-27-2013, 09:26 AM
Intrepid Pro
 
paintballdude05's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Sudbury, Ontario
Posts: 13,180
Feedback: 13 / 93%
                     
The roof harness needs to have the auto-dimming wiring in it (with the mirror of course) for the side mirror dimming to work.

One thing to keep in mind when swapping dashes is that the 01+ dashes were Dark Slate while the earlier ones were Agate. I'm not sure if you're panning to paint the old dash to match the rest of the interior, but there is a color difference there that many do notice. When you're done with everything, get some good protectant on the dash. I've used the 404 Protestant product from the company bellow, it's really good stuff. It was suggested by another member on and works great, my M's dash hasn't cracked yet.

http://www.303products.com/

2011 BMW 335xi (e92) - Black Sapphire Metalic w/ Coral Red Interior
paintballdude05 is offline  
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-27-2013, 02:13 PM
tgs
Intrepid Pro
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Stuck in Indianapolis until the end of time
Posts: 1,871
Feedback: 3 / 100%
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballdude05 View Post
The roof harness needs to have the auto-dimming wiring in it (with the mirror of course) for the side mirror dimming to work.

One thing to keep in mind when swapping dashes is that the 01+ dashes were Dark Slate while the earlier ones were Agate. I'm not sure if you're panning to paint the old dash to match the rest of the interior, but there is a color difference there that many do notice. When you're done with everything, get some good protectant on the dash. I've used the 404 Protestant product from the company bellow, it's really good stuff. It was suggested by another member on and works great, my M's dash hasn't cracked yet.

http://www.303products.com/
404 Protestant: Is that some kind of contraceptive being sold through the Affordable Healthcare Act?
That must be the Generic version.
I'll bet there's one for each denomination like:
404 Lutheran
404 Methodist
404 Baptist
.
Maybe it's just a Canadian thing!
.
Hey Steph,
Happy New Year!!

Last edited by tgs; 12-27-2013 at 04:58 PM.
tgs is offline  
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-27-2013, 04:24 PM
Intrepid Pro
 
paintballdude05's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Sudbury, Ontario
Posts: 13,180
Feedback: 13 / 93%
                     
Ohhhh.... you're too much! LOL Protectant! Damn auto-correct!

Happy New Years to you and yours Terry!
paintballdude05 is offline  
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-02-2014, 01:36 PM Thread Starter
Intrepid Modder
 
CPU Xtreme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 346
Feedback: 1 / 100%
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballdude05 View Post
The roof harness needs to have the auto-dimming wiring in it (with the mirror of course) for the side mirror dimming to work.

One thing to keep in mind when swapping dashes is that the 01+ dashes were Dark Slate while the earlier ones were Agate. I'm not sure if you're panning to paint the old dash to match the rest of the interior, but there is a color difference there that many do notice. When you're done with everything, get some good protectant on the dash. I've used the 404 Protestant product from the company bellow, it's really good stuff. It was suggested by another member on and works great, my M's dash hasn't cracked yet.

http://www.303products.com/
I like 303 products, I did some head lamps and used 303 to seal them and with a single application they stayed clear for over a year in the Brutal Michigan weather.

Also I am changing all my interior color to a non stock black, and maybe a stainless steel finish. the dash came out like new and I lover it a lot better than the dark slate gray
CPU Xtreme is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionaly, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Rate This Thread:



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome