DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Will my OEM lugnuts work with Charger wheels?

3K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  G-man 
#1 ·
02 ES, 57,000 miles--2nd owner she's been good.

I found a set of Charger wheels (2006) with the Black cutouts on Craigs list.

They look pretty good so I bought them for $250. They have one little scar on them (anyone know how to get that out, I can take a better pic?).

This is not them. I saw the thread on here from someone who had these wheels and I liked the look.

Will my OEM lugnuts work?

I ordered a set of P245/45ZR -18 Pirelli PZero Nero All Season tires from Tire Rack--first time I have swayed from Discount Tire, hopefully everything goes smoothly.

I purchased the Road Hazard as well.

Anyone have experience with Tire Rack?

Thanks,

Gary

See less See more
#4 ·
welcome to the charger wheel club!!

#5 ·
Trust me that you will want to change the lug nuts later on, if your was like mine. Of course I have the 1st gen intrepid, but aftert he OEM lugnuts were put on it made the whole wheel look like crap. I went to advanced auto parts and purchased a 20 lugnut set for like 20 bucks. It makes all the difference in the world.

#8 ·
I did that when I put my old razorstars on. But the lugs you see at the chain stores for cheap are made out of a really crappy metal. I had to have one wheel's lugs completely cut off because they rounded off and ate at the threads from excessive corrosion. Factory lugs may not look very nice, but they get the job done and last while doing it.

#12 ·
Ok thanks, I;ll see how the OEM ones look they are in great condition.

What about a locking lug nut, if they are like the old days when they had the star pattern those are a PITA. Gawd forbid if you got a flat on the side of the road with those things..

Do people still steal rims or just take the whole car? :baseballbat: I'm not sure mine is worth stealing these days.

Oh and is there a way to get the nick out of one? It is by the center, not sure how it got there, he said a lug wrench but it looks worse than that.

All the other wheels are flawless.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.