DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat - View Single Post - New Carlisle Hotel
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-18-2012, 09:03 AM Thread Starter
Daytrepper
I hit shit with sticks!

Garage
Thumbs down New Carlisle Hotel

Group,

As some of you know, the quality of the hotel we've been staying in the past several years for Carlisle has gone downhill a bit.

The other clubs are considering making a change in hotels. Here is the new hotel we are considering for future Carlisles. Please let me know your thoughts on this. Personally I would welcome the change, and it would be nice to stay with the other LH cars so we can continue our normal partying after the show.

Quote:
Here’s what I’ve found as the best option so far: The Country Inn & Suites – Harrisburg West: http://www.countryinns.com/mechanics...17055/paharwes
4943 Gettysburg Road, Mechanicsburg PA 17055

It’s 15 miles (~22 minutes) from the fair grounds according to Google maps. Where the old hotel is 22.5 miles and 30 minutes.

On their website, a standard room with an advance purchase is currently $134.15 with an online booking. Other hotels I’ve contacted (about 25 of them) have ranged between $119 - $179 a night. I have spoken to a woman in the sales department and she’s been wonderful! She can offer us $90 a night with no minimum booking, breakfast is included and they’re willing to start extra early just for our ‘0 Dark Hundred’ guys. (we will of course still do breakfast at the show field but it would allow you all some fuel for that early hour scrubbing session!) She can set the club up its own registration website to make making your reservations easy. She’s taken a lot of time to ask about the group and try to make our stay personalized and enjoyable (and affordable!!! Her original offer was $119 and I’ve talked her down to $90). There will be goodie bags for all club rooms (I know, this is the most exciting point for you guys!!) with coupons to a local restaurant (maybe we could use these Friday night). She has shared with me that there is another car club staying there as well.

They have also offered us industrial refrigerator space for the weekend so we can continue the tradition of feeding the group. This is a huge bonus for us!

I have another email out to her specifically about the evening activities. In looking at the location of the hotel, it too backs up to the high way (much like the old location) and there’s a side lot that would be perfect for us to gather. I will share her response as soon as I see it.

She has told us that we will have our own corner and have a place to hang out. We have no guarantees that the new owner of our old hotel is going to let us have free reign like years past. The price is only $10 more a night and I can reserve more rooms if we need them. We would like to move everyone and hopefully your group wants to come with us. It would be great to have everyone together to hang out.

Last edited by Daytrepper; 02-18-2012 at 09:38 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome