DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

A Small Mod and a Few Fixes

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  paintballdude05 
#1 · (Edited)
I figured I would share this little mod with the group. It might look like your typical Concorde Limited/LHS bezel but there's something different about it.

Night shot, it lights up perfectly just like it would have came from the factory.

I also started on the front suspension, it's pretty much all original with over 185k miles on it. I found out that I need to order some new strut arms because of corrosion. It's so bad that the bushing is very sloppy. The dealer up here wants 50$ per arm and I need 4 of them(a set for my Intrepid too) so I've been trying to find an online retailer from the US that will ship up here.

Old vs. new bushings, notice the improved Moog design with the built-in washer.

Earlier in the spring I also changed out my drive belts and pulleys. Once again all original(I believe) with over 185k miles on the parts. It was time for them to go though because they were loud.

New pulley, it's all gates stuff.

And a milestone, that I missed. I've been driving around a lot lately with the new job being out of town. The KM's are piling on quick!

I'm also getting a set of 18" Special wheels powdercoated in a factory finished. They were supposed to be done last week but something came up I guess. I'll get some pictures of those when they are done.

See less See more
#4 ·
Hard to tell that there is sprat clear on that Steph, VERY nice job, very classy.

Notice that bearing shield is leaking grease? The two or three pulleys that I've changed had that, I think Peva's bearing that he sent me was in the same condition. Beware when the bearing OEM says 'Sealed for life' ...

Late!

#6 ·
Thanks guys!

It's sprayed on with a gun then it was wet sanded and buffed by hand.

I can't complain on the life of the pulley. But yes it would be nice if they would make pulleys with proper bearings.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.