Crysis4's 2002 Trep SE -Sig thread - DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-31-2011, 05:46 AM Thread Starter
Intrepid Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: TN
Posts: 17
Feedback: 0 / 0%
 
Crysis4's 2002 Trep SE -Sig thread

I've had my intrepid for about 3 months now. So far everything has been good, no problems with the car yet. It wasn't exactly what I was looking for when I was looking for a car but after having it for this time; it's a really nice car. My friends laugh at me for modding a intrepid but it's going to be looking pretty sleek when I finish the mods I want done. Been lurking around here since I bought my intrepid, just never joined till now. Oh and the miles are just at 136K now.

I actually almost ran right into a car the other day, they just slowed down randomly to around 30 MPH, I go to pass them and they just randomly turn right when I turn into the other line; of course I swerve and hit the brakes, there's a burn out mark on the road from where I swerved. For being such a big car this thing has GREAT handling, I don't think it would be possible to flip it unless you did a full 180% turn. They would've been toasted if I hit them as I would've hit the drivers side.

Gallery thing here: http://minus.com/u/69



I like the contrast in this one.


Alright system, plan on upgrading in a few weeks.

r


For a full list of modifications and specifications (as of 8/31/2011):
Alpine Type E 750 watt Subwoofer. (16 Gauge speaker wire)
Memphis PR60 500 watt amp. (I think it's PR60)
650 watt wiring, walmart brand. (10-12 Gauge?)
Pioneer DEH-2100UB Car Radio
Whistler XTR-140 Laser/Radar Detector (For the $30 I paid, it's actually pretty effective.)
Blue tire caps

List of mods planned:
Cold air intake
20'-22' Chrome wheels.
Custom sub box and 15's (Removing back seats.)
Limo tints
Smoked out taillights and headlights.
Paint it black. ( <-- Cheesy line here.)
Custom painted red interior.

Thanks for checking out my intrepid.

Last edited by crysis4; 08-31-2011 at 11:22 AM.
crysis4 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-31-2011, 09:46 AM
Intrepid Modder
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 407
Feedback: -1 / 0%
                 
My sister has been the only one that's gawked at me for "pimpin" out an Intrepid. She see's them as the go get groceries and go shopping car, not the popular young persons tuner choice. She wasn't aware these are actually pretty decently popular track cars and are just have that "something" that makes their owners appreciate them more then the typical sedan.

Don't let the crashes happen once or else they keep happening. A blond struck my rear (gas cap and tail light) and since then it's been bumped in the front and along the passenger side... It was mint outside. I'm at the point of getting the body kits and just getting it all fixed thou.

She looks awesome though! Curious how well the bass booms with that setup, was considering something similar but with two subs in one box. Did you swap out the factory speakers?
UPGI2AYDD is offline  
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-31-2011, 11:13 AM Thread Starter
Intrepid Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: TN
Posts: 17
Feedback: 0 / 0%
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by UPGI2AYDD View Post
My sister has been the only one that's gawked at me for "pimpin" out an Intrepid. She see's them as the go get groceries and go shopping car, not the popular young persons tuner choice. She wasn't aware these are actually pretty decently popular track cars and are just have that "something" that makes their owners appreciate them more then the typical sedan.

Don't let the crashes happen once or else they keep happening. A blond struck my rear (gas cap and tail light) and since then it's been bumped in the front and along the passenger side... It was mint outside. I'm at the point of getting the body kits and just getting it all fixed thou.

She looks awesome though! Curious how well the bass booms with that setup, was considering something similar but with two subs in one box. Did you swap out the factory speakers?
1. Yeah, one of my friends was like the Intrepid is like a poor persons futuristic car, kinda funny. Once I drove home after buying it I fell in love with it.

2. I've already backed up into a tree, I got the dent out but I gotta replace the one sides taillight. Pretty cheap repair and you wont really be able to notice it when I replace the tail light. I've never driven a car that has such a long front end and back; it took me a while to get used to it.

3. Thanks. The setup is around 500 watts, it's pretty good. You can feel it shaking the car with every boom. I have aftermarket door speakers, they are Pioneer. The rear view mirror is all blurry when I have it up high.

Yes, I like numbering things. My OCD tendency's.

Last edited by crysis4; 08-31-2011 at 11:17 AM.
crysis4 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-31-2011, 01:29 PM
Intrepid Modder
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 407
Feedback: -1 / 0%
                 
Poor persons futuristic car? Considering the MSRP is equal to a Honda Civic, not sure where he got off on that one. Still funny as hell of a comment, lmfao! I'd have to say the same thing, I had a Mopar Rumble Bee edition Ram when we got the Trep which I was in love with. Drove the Trep home and instantly loved it. Not sure why, guess it's a nicely styled, big versatile sedan with a lot of pep and built great. Always been a Dodge/Chrysler guy anyways (whole family is, never had a blown/failed engine tranny, just lame electrical issues).

I learned on Caravan's when I got my license years ago, but have done that trick once or twice, especially when going to a big-ass truck. Go to the Junkyard for any and all parts like tail lights, bumpers, what ever, you'll be surprised (just don't do that for engine or tranny goodies as it doesn't always work out well).

That's all with those results? Awesome. I'll snap some shots of my Trep. I just installed the Pioneer deck recently (the other one from what you got, gotta look up the #), and then went and got two 230Watt 6-1/2" circle speakers for the doors and two oval 6x9's at 310Watts a piece in the rear (front two way, rear three way). Can't complaint pretty slick system thus far. Been deciding on an Amp and Sub and what kind of box to get. Don't wanna dump a lot of money into it, but not buy junk. Wanna get a low and long box to fit against the back of the seats and fit the amp somewhere there, get two 8-10" subs. Wasn't sure if 500-1000 watts would do the trick or not. How did you wire your sub/amp? I was gonna run the wires through the console/shifter area and then under the carpet to the rear seats and to the trunk. Seems like the shortest and easiest route.

(I'm OCD the same way lol).
UPGI2AYDD is offline  
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-31-2011, 06:27 PM Thread Starter
Intrepid Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: TN
Posts: 17
Feedback: 0 / 0%
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by UPGI2AYDD View Post
Poor persons futuristic car? Considering the MSRP is equal to a Honda Civic, not sure where he got off on that one. Still funny as hell of a comment, lmfao! I'd have to say the same thing, I had a Mopar Rumble Bee edition Ram when we got the Trep which I was in love with. Drove the Trep home and instantly loved it. Not sure why, guess it's a nicely styled, big versatile sedan with a lot of pep and built great. Always been a Dodge/Chrysler guy anyways (whole family is, never had a blown/failed engine tranny, just lame electrical issues).

I learned on Caravan's when I got my license years ago, but have done that trick once or twice, especially when going to a big-ass truck. Go to the Junkyard for any and all parts like tail lights, bumpers, what ever, you'll be surprised (just don't do that for engine or tranny goodies as it doesn't always work out well).

That's all with those results? Awesome. I'll snap some shots of my Trep. I just installed the Pioneer deck recently (the other one from what you got, gotta look up the #), and then went and got two 230Watt 6-1/2" circle speakers for the doors and two oval 6x9's at 310Watts a piece in the rear (front two way, rear three way). Can't complaint pretty slick system thus far. Been deciding on an Amp and Sub and what kind of box to get. Don't wanna dump a lot of money into it, but not buy junk. Wanna get a low and long box to fit against the back of the seats and fit the amp somewhere there, get two 8-10" subs. Wasn't sure if 500-1000 watts would do the trick or not. How did you wire your sub/amp? I was gonna run the wires through the console/shifter area and then under the carpet to the rear seats and to the trunk. Seems like the shortest and easiest route.

(I'm OCD the same way lol).
Yeah, I don't know. I think hes talking about how the car is shaped and everything.

I actually live next door to a junkyard, I don't think I've seen an intrepid there. Before I just buy it on ebay I might check there first.

I ran it through the passenger door. In a few weeks when I get ready to wire my new subs up ill take pictures of it. Never seen a guide on wiring subs up on here yet; it's a lot cheaper and easier just taking an hour or so and doing it your self. If you plan on doing it sooner then that I can take a picture for you and outline where every thing's at. I'm probably just going to get around an 1800 watt system for two 1200 watt subs split. Well it's got enough air to shake the antenna when the car has never moved lol.

I think to my self is it really worth putting all the money I will and have into a decent speaker system; then I start driving and people are giving me dirty looks because I'm listening to rap and it's just suddenly worth it lol. Honestly, with what I have now you cant really hear it outside of the car unless your 25 feet away from it. That's the not the reason I have subs also.

Last edited by crysis4; 08-31-2011 at 06:32 PM.
crysis4 is offline  
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-01-2011, 01:18 AM
Intrepid Modder
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 407
Feedback: -1 / 0%
                 
I'd be retard-struck if they didn't have them. So many were made and put on the roads, not to mention so many were put in junk yards due to ignorant ownership in the maintenance which lead to engine failures (which translates to A LOT of mint conditions cars). I live in a rural area and the scrap yard had twenty three Intrepid's (sounds like a lot, keep in mind they had 70 Ford Focus's alone).

I'd be curious to see how you routed it all. I'm still in a fog as far as all the hook ups etc goes for an Amp. Never ran an Amp in a car, honestly one project never tackled was a car stereo until now. But thus far done it all myself hitch free.

Oh, it's totally worth it. Rap and similar music is hilarious to crank and drive through town slowly with. I get dirty looks all the time and as of recent, a lot of "Holy #@%^" jaws open expressions. lol

I got about $400 into my system thus far, deck and four speakers and the harness, bracket and antenna adapter.

I'll start my thread here tomorrow, I spent today cleaning up my car and doing some routine inspections.
UPGI2AYDD is offline  
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-10-2011, 01:51 AM Thread Starter
Intrepid Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: TN
Posts: 17
Feedback: 0 / 0%
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by UPGI2AYDD View Post
I'd be retard-struck if they didn't have them. So many were made and put on the roads, not to mention so many were put in junk yards due to ignorant ownership in the maintenance which lead to engine failures (which translates to A LOT of mint conditions cars). I live in a rural area and the scrap yard had twenty three Intrepid's (sounds like a lot, keep in mind they had 70 Ford Focus's alone).

I'd be curious to see how you routed it all. I'm still in a fog as far as all the hook ups etc goes for an Amp. Never ran an Amp in a car, honestly one project never tackled was a car stereo until now. But thus far done it all myself hitch free.

Oh, it's totally worth it. Rap and similar music is hilarious to crank and drive through town slowly with. I get dirty looks all the time and as of recent, a lot of "Holy #@%^" jaws open expressions. lol

I got about $400 into my system thus far, deck and four speakers and the harness, bracket and antenna adapter.

I'll start my thread here tomorrow, I spent today cleaning up my car and doing some routine inspections.
1. Well, it's not really a junkyard. They have around 100 vehicles in total.
2. Don't hook it to the battery, the gauges and headlights on my car start to become dim for a second then go back to normal when i have my sub woofer turned up. Next time I go to hook my stuff up I'm going to fix that.
4. What are the door speakers?

I've been having a lot of little problems lately. I cant open the driver side and passenger side doors from the inside any more. It's a part that's a part of the door panel it self, so I'm probably going to have to get two door panels. The window motor for my driver side window doesn't work any more. And the passenger side one is starting to make weird sounds but still works.
crysis4 is offline  
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-05-2012, 01:45 PM Thread Starter
Intrepid Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: TN
Posts: 17
Feedback: 0 / 0%
 
I have some updated pictures from today. Lately I have been doing a lot of stuff and there is more planned.




A few things I'd like to do is get some of those halo headlights and I think I'm going to put racing stripes on it. And last I have auto stick.
crysis4 is offline  
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-05-2012, 04:10 PM
Intrepid Pro
 
MeanMugga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Orlando, Florida
Posts: 3,027
Feedback: 16 / 100%
                     
I think you should make the tinted taillights, all the same shade. It'll look much better, especially on a silver car.
MeanMugga is offline  
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-05-2012, 06:42 PM Thread Starter
Intrepid Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: TN
Posts: 17
Feedback: 0 / 0%
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanMugga View Post
I think you should make the tinted taillights, all the same shade. It'll look much better, especially on a silver car.
They're are the same shade from where I did it. Are you talking about how there are parts of the side taillight not tinted? It's the same shade, but the picture doesn't make it seem so.

When I get my racing stripes put on and the headlights done I might re do the taillights to all black just so it's more even.

Last edited by crysis4; 04-05-2012 at 06:45 PM.
crysis4 is offline  
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-05-2012, 07:22 PM
Intrepid Pro
 
Squilliam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Greater Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 15,047
Feedback: 2 / 100%
                     
Looks like you got a decent start on your 02. Reminds me of when I started modding mine all those years ago. Keep it up!
Squilliam is offline  
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-05-2012, 10:16 PM
Intrepid Pro
 
MeanMugga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Orlando, Florida
Posts: 3,027
Feedback: 16 / 100%
                     
Meant the taillights and center bar, being even.
MeanMugga is offline  
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-06-2012, 04:31 PM Thread Starter
Intrepid Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: TN
Posts: 17
Feedback: 0 / 0%
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanMugga View Post
Meant the taillights and center bar, being even.
To each his own then. I think it looks cool at night like that. Ill upload a picture of it how it looks at night later.
crysis4 is offline  
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-25-2012, 01:28 PM Thread Starter
Intrepid Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: TN
Posts: 17
Feedback: 0 / 0%
 
New flowmaster exhaust. Sounds great, here:

720p IN ALL IT'S GLORY.
crysis4 is offline  
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-25-2012, 10:16 PM
1st Gen FTW - It's AutoMedic!

 
cdmccul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Garrison, ND
Posts: 15,449
Feedback: 18 / 100%
                     
Sounds nice... too bad it over-modulates your microphone and the sound becomes flat...
cdmccul is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionaly, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Rate This Thread:



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome