Some time back, I started the front end conversion on the SE by putting in a headlight switch w/fogs I got from Gigamight. Here is my original removed.
New one installed. I had to check for the power wire that goes to the fogs, to see if it was in the harness, or if I was going to start from scratch. With some direction by TorontoFireCaptain, I found what I was looking for.
The Blue one is the power to the fog lights. I need to run power from there through the firewall, and fabricate a harness.
These factory connectors have to go, since I'm making my own harness.
I replace them with shielded blade connectors, and create a nice little harness.
That's as far as I had gotten til today.
Well I finally got motivated enough, and time enough at the same time, to do the front fascia swap on the SE.
Here it is, as it happened this morning.
First step, remove the SE cover
You have to remove the headlights to get to these
The bottom clips, 3 per side, are attached to the air dam, and are all metal.
You will destroy them getting them out.
Yay! It's off
New Fogs, mounted.
I took the time to paint the under bumper satin black.
Wiring harness in place.
Fed through. I used loom on it where it passed through the body metal, to avert any shorts later.
Coming together nicely.
All done mounting. I still have to finish the wiring pass through to the cabin. Otherwise, it's all done!
Looking more like twins now..