XBox 360 Help - DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-27-2008, 06:33 PM Thread Starter
Speed is Power
 
NHogan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Iowa, USA
Posts: 6,683
Feedback: 37 / 100%
                     
XBox 360 Help

I'm looking into buying an Xbox 360 Acarde. What does anyone know about them? Pretty much all I want to do is play Halo 3 with it. I dont care to save any movies or screenshots on it. I would just like to play online with it. Some people say I will need a harddrive to even get on the internet with it, some say that it will work and I could get a harddrive for it but not needed. Does anyone own one or know someone who does who can help me answer my questions.

Thanks!
NHogan is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-27-2008, 07:06 PM
Intrepid Pro
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: New Port Richey, Florida
Posts: 1,225
Feedback: 0 / 0%
                     
your either gonna need a hd or a memory card to save your game and to go online. your alos gonna have to buy the hd cables if you wanna play in hd. the arcade even comes with a wired controller so your gonna have to buy a wireless one if you dont like the wired. for me i would spend the extra 100 and get the pro with the hd, hd cables and wireless remote. even now for this time a year the pro comes with 2 free games
mysteryemotionz is offline  
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-27-2008, 07:09 PM
Intrepid Pro
 
TCPMeta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 2,935
Feedback: 0 / 0%
                     
You can use a USB jump/flash drive as a memory card.
TCPMeta is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-27-2008, 07:20 PM
Intrepid Pro
 
Jdnet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Whitewater, WI
Posts: 1,245
Feedback: 4 / 100%
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHogan View Post
I'm looking into buying an Xbox 360 Acarde. What does anyone know about them? Pretty much all I want to do is play Halo 3 with it. I dont care to save any movies or screenshots on it. I would just like to play online with it. Some people say I will need a harddrive to even get on the internet with it, some say that it will work and I could get a harddrive for it but not needed. Does anyone own one or know someone who does who can help me answer my questions.

Thanks!
if you stand in line at circuit city tomorow morning you can get the arcade edition with a free refurb 20gm hard drive for the same price.
Jdnet is offline  
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-27-2008, 07:22 PM Thread Starter
Speed is Power
 
NHogan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Iowa, USA
Posts: 6,683
Feedback: 37 / 100%
                     
Target has the pro for 300 plus you get a 60.00 gift card when you buy it so I may go with that


Best Buy has the pro for 300 plus you get 4 games none that I want so prolly go to Target.


Walmart has the Arcade one for 199 and it comes with wireless controller and A/V cable
(Includes Sega Superstar Tennis and 5 arcade games) Bonus: Guitar Hero III and wireless guitar - a $79 value!

So the arcade is by far cheaper deal but would rather get a pro and 60.00 would save me that money that I could use for whatever I want.


2007 Chrysler Sebring Sedan
1997 Dodge Ram 1500
2002 Chrysler 300M
SOLD
2004 Dodge Intrepid Police Package
SOLD 1996 Dodge Intrepid
SOLD
1996 Dodge Intrepid ES

Former DodgeIntrepid.net Admin

Is your check engine light on and you wonder what it means?
(93-97) 1st Gen Fault Codes --- (98-04) 2nd Gen Fault Codes

NHogan is offline  
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-27-2008, 07:28 PM
Intrepid Fan
 
colrmustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 105
Feedback: 3 / 100%
 
Being a Halo 3 player online, you will need the HD to save the add on maps (or DLC as microsoft calls them) and the 3 updates they have released. When Recon (an expansion pack expected late next year) comes out, you will also need the HD.

Wireless controllers are the best to play it with imho. Also, if you have an HDTV you would greatly benefit from the HD cables.
colrmustang is offline  
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-27-2008, 07:32 PM Thread Starter
Speed is Power
 
NHogan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Iowa, USA
Posts: 6,683
Feedback: 37 / 100%
                     
So the cheapest way would be going with the Pro from Target.

Sams Club has the Pro for 350 Bonus: Guitar Hero III and wireless guitar - a $79 value!
NHogan is offline  
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-27-2008, 07:44 PM
Intrepid Fan
 
colrmustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 105
Feedback: 3 / 100%
 
That is a good deal. GH3 is a fun game, not my style though. The wife plays it way more than me.
colrmustang is offline  
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-27-2008, 08:06 PM Thread Starter
Speed is Power
 
NHogan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Iowa, USA
Posts: 6,683
Feedback: 37 / 100%
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHogan View Post
Target has the pro for 300 plus you get a 60.00 gift card when you buy it so I may go with that


Best Buy has the pro for 300 plus you get 4 games none that I want so prolly go to Target.


Walmart has the Arcade one for 199 and it comes with wireless controller and A/V cable
(Includes Sega Superstar Tennis and 5 arcade games) Bonus: Guitar Hero III and wireless guitar - a $79 value!

Sams Club has the Pro for 350 Bonus: Guitar Hero III and wireless guitar - a $79 value!
Whats the best deal?
NHogan is offline  
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-27-2008, 08:19 PM
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 334
Feedback: 0 / 0%
 
Ps3 is your best deal:flipa:
Thats what I want but too damn expensive go for the pro thats what I shall be doing later these things are computers and your gonna want memory especially for halo the wireless adapter is 100 bucks Im not sure if you can just hook up a linksys I wanna try though the xbox live is like 50 bucks a year or something i dont really remember but halo online is fun just a thought so go pro its the best deal and whatever free crap comes with it good its free PRO go for the target one the games are expensive any ways so the 60$ gift card is good for halo
trepping3.3hard is offline  
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-27-2008, 08:46 PM
Intrepid Fan
 
colrmustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 105
Feedback: 3 / 100%
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHogan View Post
Whats the best deal?
Sam's or Target, probably Target if you intend on getting Halo 3 new. don't rule out a visit to GameStop/EB Games (same company) for used copies of Halo 3. Just make sure hte disk is not scratched and you will be ok.
colrmustang is offline  
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-27-2008, 08:50 PM
Intrepid Fan
 
colrmustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 105
Feedback: 3 / 100%
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by trepping3.3hard View Post
Ps3 is your best deal:flipa:
Thats what I want but too damn expensive go for the pro thats what I shall be doing later these things are computers and your gonna want memory especially for halo the wireless adapter is 100 bucks Im not sure if you can just hook up a linksys I wanna try though the xbox live is like 50 bucks a year or something i dont really remember but halo online is fun just a thought so go pro its the best deal and whatever free crap comes with it good its free PRO go for the target one the games are expensive any ways so the 60$ gift card is good for halo
I pay $30 a year for live. I've had no problems with it. As far as wireless internet connections, DO NOT DO IT! Online gaming is all about who has the least lag, or at least in a FPS like Halo. From experience my k/d spread improved when I went to a wired connection (gigabit) from a wireless connection (also gigabit).

As for the PS3, when they decide to make a good game for it, then I will buy it. Till then, gizmos alone will not impress me.
colrmustang is offline  
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-27-2008, 08:56 PM
Intrepid Pro
 
TCPMeta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 2,935
Feedback: 0 / 0%
                     
Just so you know Gamestop has used systems. 159 for the arcade and 169 or 179 for the pro.
TCPMeta is offline  
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-27-2008, 08:58 PM
Intrepid Fan
 
colrmustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 105
Feedback: 3 / 100%
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCPMeta View Post
Just so you know Gamestop has used systems. 159 for the arcade and 169 or 179 for the pro.
The only reason i didn't recommend them is the warrenty; 30 Days max. thru them alone. I have already had the red ring of death and had no problem w/ microsoft's tech people and warranty workers.
colrmustang is offline  
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-27-2008, 09:00 PM
Intrepid Pro
 
TCPMeta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 2,935
Feedback: 0 / 0%
                     
But its so fun to fight MS for them to fix/replace it.
TCPMeta is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionaly, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Rate This Thread:



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome