DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Infinity Basslink Question

998 views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  blkbute 
#1 ·
Ok... I know a few people here own these. Im considering getting one of these off ebay this week. I can land one for about $240 or so for a clear one (the clear ones look cool) hehehehe. Now... im thinking about having my audio place install it next time im there (they quoted me $125 for the install) since I do not have a clue when it comes to car audio installations.

If they do all the runs and such.... if down the road I want to add another one of these (cause im an audio nut), could I just split the audio and power feeds from the existing unit so I dont have to spend another $125 on installation?

#3 ·
Well im sure it isnt as good as JBL or JL audio... but for two and change... you cant go wrong with a powered subwoofer. I was at Circuit City last weekend and I heard it there. It sounded decent... considering they were running it in a wide open space. Im just looking for a little extra thump to my ride. The stock stereo sounds good enough for me now to not warrant replacing anything, just want to add a little bass.

#6 ·
hmm, Ive looked into the BASSLINK, sounds like a good thing if you are only looking for just a tad more BASS. Yet Im a person that wants to have a min of 800 RMS per sub. :D

#9 ·
Originally posted by Djnrg:
BLKBUTE, your nuts! haha...just kidding!

Ya gonna hook a generator up to your car to supply the massive amps with all that power?
Actually, if he has the 130A alternator, that's plenty to supply 800 RMS with ease. Since music is dynamic though, the maximum RMS value of the amplifier is very rarely acheived anyhow.

skellyo
...knows audio like the back of his hand

#11 ·
well the one that Im looking at is 1,000 RMS. it will power a single 12" stroker. I want a bit more because the recomended RMS is 1,000 for the sub, I would like 1,200RMS mabe, but Im sure 1,000 is more than enough. :D

#12 ·
Originally posted by blkbute:
well the one that Im looking at is 1,000 RMS. it will power a single 12" stroker. I want a bit more because the recomended RMS is 1,000 for the sub, I would like 1,200RMS mabe, but Im sure 1,000 is more than enough. :D
Look into a DEI 1100d. It'll do 1100 RMS x 1 into 1 ohm. I ran a pair of those in my truck on a pair of 15's at one time. And take a look into an Image Dynamics IDMAX12 for a subwoofer. It's a much more sound quality oriented subwoofer that is built to compete against any SPL subs on the market as well. You can see it here: http://www.sounddomain.com/sku/IDSIDMAX12D2
Be sure you click on the see more pics link though.

skellyo
...has one of those bad boys in transit as I type

#13 ·
well, while we are on the subject i thought i would post what i am gonna get for x-mas. I am going to get an MTX500D amp and a 12" Kicker Solo Baric in the Kicker custom "vented" box...that should hit pretty good...alot better than my 12" Kicker Comp VR powered by a lousy 500 watt amp :rolleyes:

#14 ·
I was looking into US AMPS. I have heard lotts of good things about them. The subs I want are the orion HCCA. they look nice but I do not think they sell them in Canada.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.