jr - DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-12-2006, 08:32 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 107
Feedback: 0 / 0%
         
jr

JR better do something this year
CAZ97 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-12-2006, 11:36 PM
Intrepid Pro
 
Gaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 6,362
Feedback: 8 / 100%
                     
he would have had a win today if Tony Stewart wasn't blocking with everything he had so he could see his teammate win a race.
Gaze is offline  
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 07:09 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 107
Feedback: 0 / 0%
         
Yea I dont like Stewart. Although I think his attitude has gotten a little better this past year. I just wish JR would get some good luck for a change. He has more determination than any other driver and bad things out of his controll keep happening to him. He has more money for two lifetimes and he still gives it everything he has got. you have to respect that.
CAZ97 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 05:21 PM
Intrepid Pro
 
adaptabl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Posts: 2,369
Feedback: 0 / 0%
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazetowardthesky
he would have had a win today if Tony Stewart wasn't blocking with everything he had so he could see his teammate win a race.

Thats what teammates are for. If Jr. was any good he would of found a way to "move" Tony over. Jr. is just an average driver in good equipment.
adaptabl is offline  
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 06:33 PM
Intrepid Pro
 
Gaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 6,362
Feedback: 8 / 100%
                     
I never claimed there was anything wrong with teamates working together. As a matter of fact I enjoy it.
Gaze is offline  
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 07:56 PM
Intrepid Pro
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Catonsville, Md.
Posts: 3,652
Feedback: 0 / 0%
                     
At first I was shocked that Tony would block for his teammate, but then I figured it wasn't a points race so what the hell. It was nice to see Hamlin get the win though.
moparman is offline  
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 01:37 PM
Intrepid Pro
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Hugo . Minnesota
Posts: 3,207
Feedback: 0 / 0%
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by adaptabl
Thats what teammates are for. If Jr. was any good he would of found a way to "move" Tony over. Jr. is just an average driver in good equipment.
I agree with you 110%.
SPOOK R/T is offline  
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 02:20 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 107
Feedback: 0 / 0%
         
Quote:
Originally Posted by adaptabl
Thats what teammates are for. If Jr. was any good he would of found a way to "move" Tony over. Jr. is just an average driver in good equipment.
Jr is not as physical as some of the other drivers. I think that might be why he is not up there with them. Maybe he should watch some tapes of his father for some pointers.
CAZ97 is offline  
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 08:38 PM
Intrepid Pro
 
adaptabl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Posts: 2,369
Feedback: 0 / 0%
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAZ97
Jr is not as physical as some of the other drivers. I think that might be why he is not up there with them. Maybe he should watch some tapes of his father for some pointers.

Yes, His father was a very dirty driver. He would be parked trying to drive like that today.
adaptabl is offline  
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 09:02 PM
Intrepid Pro
 
sneke_eyez's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: North Brookfield/Worcester, Massachusetts
Posts: 2,145
Feedback: 1 / 100%
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by adaptabl
Yes, His father was a very dirty driver. He would be parked trying to drive like that today.
his father was one of the best drivers in all of nascar, and if DE hadnt died then none of the changes would have taken place, nor do i think he would be parked today, but whatever, i rarely agree with you adapt but you are entitled to your opinion

i do agree that Tony had every right to protect his teammate, and though i do like JR a lot and i agree he has had bad luck, i dont think he is quite as good as his father (who in my opinion was THE best ever)
sneke_eyez is offline  
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 12:19 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 107
Feedback: 0 / 0%
         
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneke_eyez
his father was one of the best drivers in all of nascar, and if DE hadnt died then none of the changes would have taken place, nor do i think he would be parked today, but whatever, i rarely agree with you adapt but you are entitled to your opinion

i do agree that Tony had every right to protect his teammate, and though i do like JR a lot and i agree he has had bad luck, i dont think he is quite as good as his father (who in my opinion was THE best ever)
well said
CAZ97 is offline  
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 04:25 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 107
Feedback: 0 / 0%
         
I never really liked Dale Sr. but there is not doubt that he is the best there ever was.
CAZ97 is offline  
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-17-2006, 04:35 PM
Intrepid Pro
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Catonsville, Md.
Posts: 3,652
Feedback: 0 / 0%
                     
Dale senior would have won alot more races if he didn't wreck as much. For every race he won by wrecking someone he lost a bunch more by doing the same. Petty is the best and 200 wins and seven championships prove it. He won on the beach, dirt, asphalt, concrete, convertibles. drag racing etc. Taking nothing away from Senior but Petty is the King.

Now if the current organization could turn it around. They looked pretty good yesterday with Labonte running so strong (Kyle did too).
moparman is offline  
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-17-2006, 05:16 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 107
Feedback: 0 / 0%
         
Quote:
Originally Posted by moparman
Dale senior would have won alot more races if he didn't wreck as much. For every race he won by wrecking someone he lost a bunch more by doing the same. Petty is the best and 200 wins and seven championships prove it. He won on the beach, dirt, asphalt, concrete, convertibles. drag racing etc. Taking nothing away from Senior but Petty is the King.

Now if the current organization could turn it around. They looked pretty good yesterday with Labonte running so strong (Kyle did too).
NASCAR WINSTON CUP RECORD
Dale Earnhardt 1975-2001
Starts: 676
wins: 76
top 5: 281
top 10: 428
poles: 22
championship: 7
career winnings: $42,203,001

Richard Petty 1958-1992
starts: 1184
wins: 200
top 5: 555
top 10: 712
poles: 126
championship: 7
career winnings: $8,541,218

True if you go by the numbers Petty has more wins, but if Sr lived to race the same amount of years he proably would have won at least more champioinships. Maybe not more races. I guess petty will always be known as king because he was pretty much the first to do it all. Suprisingly Jeff Gordon is not far behind both of them and he has a lot of years left. There might be a new sheriff in town.
CAZ97 is offline  
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-17-2006, 06:28 PM
Intrepid Pro
 
Patel.748's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Delaware, Ohio
Posts: 8,464
Feedback: 0 / 0%
                     
It's all about Sterling Marlin people! LOL!!


Dave
Patel.748 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionaly, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Rate This Thread:



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome