DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat - View Single Post - Possibly installing new stereo system
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-03-2016, 08:44 PM Thread Starter
Chris_K
Intrepid Newbie

Possibly installing new stereo system

I have 96 and am thinking of putting in a new stereo and speakers because my the drivers side speakers don't work, the sound is off with the ones that do, and I can't plug my phone up via aux cord (which is REALLY annoying me!!!). I am not, however, a car guy in general. I so far know how to change oil. That's it, I'm trying to learn other things via YouTube and my dad whenever possible. I can at least jack up my car and have looked under it in general to get a clue of what it looks like. But anyway, I don't want to ruin the car and I got quoted $350 to get it done professionally and that's kinda steep considering how much I make. So should I just suck it up with the price and get it done at an actual auto place, deal with the craptastic system I have, try installing it all myself, or get some of it done myself and some at a shop?

If the better option is to do it all myself or do half of it myself, any help at all so I know what the heck I'm doing???

Or should I just save up and invest in a newer model that's at least aux cord compatible upon purchase?

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome