DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat - View Single Post - Project Old Red
Thread: Project Old Red
View Single Post
post #37 of (permalink) Old 09-28-2016, 11:37 PM Thread Starter
Daytrepper
I hit shit with sticks!

Garage
Got the engine and trans installed this past weekend. Now to work on all the wiring, guts, install the dash, and everything else on the front of the cab. Here is how she looks now:

Just started going thru my boxes of parts to see what needs repaired/cleaned/replaced. Just the wiring and interior trim panels here. Much more in storage. Hope I remember how all this goes back together.

Exhaust and a few other misc parts.

Drove 550 miles round trip to Charleston, SC last weekend to secure a good drivers side door (finally) from a fellow Ram hoarder. Put it up in storage until the next round of bodywork comes.

Now, comes likely the most difficult part the process of cleaning/replacing/refurbishing 4.3 million bolts, nuts and screws. Got a good wire brush bench grinder, so that will take care of most of the big ones. Lots of nice clean bolts from the donor truck available too, just have to sort them all out. Free beer and steak to anyone that would like to join.

Along with that, I have started pulling parts out of my storage and doing an inventory of what needs repaired/replaced etc. I have the front wiring harnesses laid out for inspection, cleaning, and repair. So far, they just need a good cleaning and some new loom and tape.

Just a small part of the interior and wiring I had boxed up; my storage room on the side of the house is still full.

After the bolts are sorted out and fixed up, along with the wiring, dash will be installed, and the front engine/chassis harness. Need to go thru the turbo and get that put on too. Sending the radiator, CAC, and heater/evaporator core out for cleaning/testing as well.

1998 Dodge Intrepid
President; Danbo's Truck & Diesel, Inc
Director of Speeding; Chornay Boomers of Youngsville, GmbH
President, Rush Drumming Ventures, LTD;

Last edited by Daytrepper; 04-07-2018 at 10:56 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome