Time for an update, the last month or so has been all small stuff, as I'm waiting on the sand blaster to get the hood, fenders, doors, and cowl panel done before bodywork can proceed.
Mostly I've been installing components, cleaning, etc etc.....I've started to restore all the bolts, screws, and nuts for the interior and body; first step, rust removal, then acid dip, then wash, then either black oxide coating, or zinc plating. They are coming out like new; you can see the before on the top, after on the bottom;
Today was the first batch, just have these to do yet;
Also, I tackled the lower shifter boot, which I have been searching for for 2 years, new has been discontinued for 15 years, every used one is torn out just like mine. The first picture is the best used one I could find, still torn. The original was missing nearly the entire center section of the boot. So, searching around, I found a Ford Mustang boot had a very similar design, so I ordered one;
Old boot cut out of frame:
Mustang boot trimmed up and installed:
It will seal nicely once installed, and the upper shift boot will cover it up.
Other than that, this is about it until the body parts get blasted; hopefully soon.