DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat - View Single Post - Hello everyone
Thread: Hello everyone
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 11:17 PM Thread Starter
Valdrane
Intrepid Newbie

Hello everyone

I am the proud owner of a 02 Intrepid with the great 3.5 engine. It's got 289K miles, the main bearing are starting to go, the suspension is crap and the interior is falling apart.

But I am going to save her. She's earned it by getting us through not 1 or 2, but 3 blizzards. We bought her for $1000 8 years ago and she has never failed us. This beautiful car has earned a reprieve from the scrap yard. I found her a donor car with everything but the engine I want for $250.

I'm a mechanic so the labor will be cheap. I used to curse this car, it's a pain in the ass to work on and they rust like crazy here in Iowa. But she grew on me

But if I am being honest, my passion isn't Intrepids, it's restoring classic vehicles. Everything from VW bugs to to classic farm tractors, you name it, I have probably had a hand in restoring one. Oh, I also love Gen 2 Phase 1 Cavalier Z24's. I am also the proud owner of a 2000 Ford F150 which I am gathering the parts to turn it into the worlds only long bed supercab Lightning, with plans to swap in and LSX engine from a Corvette (yeah yeah, Ford and Chevy will be making a love child, blasphemy, I know).

Anyways, that's pretty much it. Good to be here and I look forward to aquiring knowledge from other owners.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome