DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

The Chrylser Automatic Manual Transmission

853 views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  MikeW 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Audi already makes a similar twin clutch tranny. It's also sequential and has no clutch pedal. It's main drawback is it can't handle too much torque. I'm quite surprised chrysler was researching into sequential trannys. They're too expensive and extreme for daily drivers. And chrysler doesn't have any cars in production worthy of such a tranny.

#5 ·
The Viper is a good place to start with that transmission. Prove it on the racecourse and you have a total winner. Then start to trickle that down to say the SRT LX cars.

#6 ·
frost5466 said:
The Viper is a good place to start with that transmission. Prove it on the racecourse and you have a total winner. Then start to trickle that down to say the SRT LX cars.
I doubt it. The viper may be a good candidate, but it's a limited production model. Sequential trannys are so expensive and technically sophisticated (heck, they've been invented for formula 1 races) that they are only available on very expensive supercars like bmw m3, mclaren, ferrari. They're just too extreme to put into a 4dr sedan, even if it's srt.

Reactions: gary680
#8 ·
insane driver said:
I doubt it. The viper may be a good candidate, but it's a limited production model. Sequential trannys are so expensive and technically sophisticated (heck, they've been invented for formula 1 races) that they are only available on very expensive supercars like bmw m3, mclaren, ferrari. They're just too extreme to put into a 4dr sedan, even if it's srt.
Maybe Nissan will do one and show everyone else how its done. Like they did with the CVT.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.