Show formation? - DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-29-2005, 01:41 AM Thread Starter
Intrepid Pro
 
rknapp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Metro Detroit
Posts: 2,258
Feedback: 0 / 0%
                     
Show formation?

I didn't really give it a good look before but I'm sure this question has yet to be answered:

How are we setting up the parking on the day of the actual show (saturday)? Is it a predetermined formation or first come first serve? and when is everyone showing up to start this formation? I wanna make sure I get there early enough, and can do that by telling my friend either he does his morning run really early or he doesn't go at all, cause last time I was late because he claimed he would fall drastically out of practice even missing one day... so we got there 10:30-ish after some people at our good old Flemington Shop Rite tried to get us into a raffle for some crappy ass 6-banger Mustang when all we wanted was ice!

ANYWAY! Is there any form of an itinerary of events with times or is that coming out closer to show time? Thanks.

Current: 2002 Chrysler 300M Special, DSB | 2007 Dodge Charger R/T Road & Track, BB
Past: 2000 Dodge Intrepid SE - Champagne | 2001 Dodge Intrepid ES - Sapphire Blue Pearl | 2003 Pontiac Grand Prix Ivory
rknapp is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-29-2005, 08:22 AM
Intrepid Pro
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Montreal (Quebec), Canada
Posts: 3,718
Feedback: 4 / 100%
                     
Well, last year we all met @ Bruce's place (alot of us) at like 7:30-8:00am and then we drove down there for around 9:00am (I don't remember exactly for sure) There's not really a formation, but I think that we should do that. It would be easier for the voting (300M/DI.Net contest) At least have the 1st gen. on one side and the 2 gen. on the other side. That's just a suggestion though......
Bimmer_2002 is offline  
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-29-2005, 08:28 AM
Intrepid Pro
 
dabirdzR/T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Myerstown, PA.
Posts: 6,788
Feedback: 7 / 100%
                     
i know this year kenny is going to stake out a spot near the road with his car, and other than that, its kinda place yourself where you can. there are a few guys that really go for the show, i go for the people.
dabirdzR/T is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-29-2005, 09:04 AM
Intrepid Pro
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Montreal (Quebec), Canada
Posts: 3,718
Feedback: 4 / 100%
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabirdzR/T
i know this year kenny is going to stake out a spot near the road with his car, and other than that, its kinda place yourself where you can. there are a few guys that really go for the show , i go for the people.
You said show??? I also wanna have good spot, so back off! :squarewin

P.S.: I'm there for the people also, cars aren't that talkative yet, lol.
Bimmer_2002 is offline  
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-29-2005, 09:16 AM
Intrepid Pro
 
dabirdzR/T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Myerstown, PA.
Posts: 6,788
Feedback: 7 / 100%
                     
thats what i meant seb, we have a good time, look at all the cars, but, i really dont care about an award, i am there because of the people i meet, moreso than the show part of it.
dabirdzR/T is offline  
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-29-2005, 09:23 AM
Intrepid Pro
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Montreal (Quebec), Canada
Posts: 3,718
Feedback: 4 / 100%
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabirdzR/T
thats what i meant seb, we have a good time, look at all the cars, but, i really dont care about an award, i am there because of the people i meet, moreso than the show part of it.
Yeah, we do have a good time.....I could do that all year long. DI.Net ROCKS!!!! ...and the 300M club also ;)
Bimmer_2002 is offline  
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-29-2005, 07:39 PM
Intrepid Modder
 
mobbdeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Cincinnati OH
Posts: 740
Feedback: 0 / 0%
               
Bruce is correct ..i am goin to stake off a spot on thursday night if i can, friday morning at the latest ..i would prefer to be right near the road so that i can have a little extra room so i can open my doors, i will probally have a big tent to go over my car also that day. it just depends on how i feel.....i am not trying to be picky but i have spent a shit load of money over the past several months and would like to be in a spot where i can A. watch my car from the tent and B attract some traffic...please dont think i am only there for the show but i refuse to go home for the third straight year without making it to the winners circle. ....but mostly i am there to meet everyone and have a good time
mobbdeep is offline  
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-29-2005, 07:51 PM
Intrepid Pro
 
Avenger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Posts: 11,960
Feedback: 10 / 100%
                     
Jeeze Kenny, how can anyone even compete with you? ;)



Avenger is offline  
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-29-2005, 08:24 PM
Intrepid Pro
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Montreal (Quebec), Canada
Posts: 3,718
Feedback: 4 / 100%
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobbdeep
Bruce is correct ..i am goin to stake off a spot on thursday night if i can, friday morning at the latest ..i would prefer to be right near the road so that i can have a little extra room so i can open my doors, i will probally have a big tent to go over my car also that day. it just depends on how i feel.....i am not trying to be picky but i have spent a shit load of money over the past several months and would like to be in a spot where i can A. watch my car from the tent and B attract some traffic...please dont think i am only there for the show but i refuse to go home for the third straight year without making it to the winners circle. ....but mostly i am there to meet everyone and have a good time
I know how you feel......I haven't spend has much as you did (I'm getting there though ) You have to stand out so take whatever space you need and I'm pretty sure it will pay off
Bimmer_2002 is offline  
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-30-2005, 12:03 AM Thread Starter
Intrepid Pro
 
rknapp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Metro Detroit
Posts: 2,258
Feedback: 0 / 0%
                     
so basically it's first come first serve? can anyone reserve me a spot when they get there :color_: it takes two-three hours to get there from Ftown... i can try to wake up early buuut don't bet on it
rknapp is offline  
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-30-2005, 08:07 AM
Intrepid Pro
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: DC
Posts: 2,052
Feedback: 0 / 0%
                     
Some folks are there as early as Thursday Morning getting a spot. We are talking about a field with probably 5,000 - 8,000 cars overall. Last year there were about 25 Intrepids and 25 300M cars in atendance. Of those 50 about 45 were members of one of the two clubs. Sadly 2 of the top three Intrepids places went to non-club members. We need to make sure we ALL vote this year.
DScruggs is offline  
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-30-2005, 08:24 AM
Intrepid Pro
 
Maverick9110E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 4,564
Feedback: 0 / 0%
                     
its not EXACTLY first come first serve, there is a certain area that is specifically set apart for dodge intrepids and 300m's
Maverick9110E is offline  
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-30-2005, 08:37 AM
Intrepid Modder
 
mobbdeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Cincinnati OH
Posts: 740
Feedback: 0 / 0%
               
Quote:
Originally Posted by DScruggs
Some folks are there as early as Thursday Morning getting a spot. We are talking about a field with probably 5,000 - 8,000 cars overall. Last year there were about 25 Intrepids and 25 300M cars in atendance. Of those 50 about 45 were members of one of the two clubs. Sadly 2 of the top three Intrepids places went to non-club members. We need to make sure we ALL vote this year.

Exactly Don, i couldnt have said it any better, it was pretty weak last year that 2 cars that were bone stock beat out alot of good cars ....that had many modifications
mobbdeep is offline  
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-30-2005, 11:55 AM
Intrepid Pro
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: DC
Posts: 2,052
Feedback: 0 / 0%
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick9110E
its not EXACTLY first come first serve, there is a certain area that is specifically set apart for dodge intrepids and 300m's
Of course. But within THAT area it is first come first serve.
DScruggs is offline  
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-30-2005, 11:59 AM
Intrepid Pro
 
Gorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Iowa
Posts: 7,101
Feedback: 20 / 100%
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobbdeep
Exactly Don, i couldnt have said it any better, it was pretty weak last year that 2 cars that were bone stock beat out alot of good cars ....that had many modifications
I agree...I was too mad when I heard that 2 non-members won out against the club. My spot last year was horrible...I was next to a Caravan. LOL

--Gorm
Gorm is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
 

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionaly, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Rate This Thread:



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chicago Auto Show & Chrysler's Test Track mb-lhs General Discussion, other Mopar Vehicles 4 02-13-2005 02:34 AM
Reality Show from Hell ChicagoTRS Whatever 11 11-05-2003 07:34 AM
Carlisle will have sport compact event in 2k4 Maverick9110E Meets and Events 2 07-30-2003 03:52 PM
small show on the 6th of july ericbumps Meets and Events 3 06-25-2002 09:04 AM
Cleveland Auto Show -- no pics :( Candyman General Discussion 1 03-08-2002 09:01 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome