DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

new how to's

660 views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  TERMINATOR101CA 
#1 ·
any body got any new how to's for first gen treps other than wat's posted in that section

#3 ·
Hailstorm said:
How to trade in your car

1: drive to a dealer
2: find a car you want like a good looking 2 gen intrepid with a 3.2 or 3.5 engine
3: trade your rust bucket in for the newer rust bucket
4: pay your bill so they don't come and take it back
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, that's an awesome how to!!!

#6 ·
Hailstorm said:
How to trade in your car
1: drive to a dealer
2: find a car you want like a good looking 2 gen intrepid with a 3.2 or 3.5 engine
3: trade your rust bucket in for the newer rust bucket
4: pay your bill so they don't come and take it back
:anon:
I was just thinking the same thing. The 1st gen is just the older uglier less up-with-the-times father of the hipper, more fashionable, faster 2nd gen son. I'm completely biased though. I have had 2 Second gens and I think I will end up with at least a 3rd after this car bites it.

Josiah

#7 ·
DrDodge said:
Rustbucket??? SECOND GEN RUSTBUCKET??? i was just at the Nc show with about 19 of us and i didnt see any rust on a second gen,,,, or for the lone first gen either
I'm gonna have to agree with this one. I've never seen an Intrepid with a rust problem. Maybe i'm not looking hard enough but most of them still have gorgeous paint (mine still looks brand new) and straight/smooth bodies.

Josiah

#8 ·
JLWX5 said:
The 1st gen is just the older uglier less up-with-the-times father of the hipper, more fashionable, faster 2nd gen son.
Josiah
I wouldn't say that the 1st Gen is uglier. Thet are just sharper, not as rounded like the 2nd Gens are. Alot of the 1st gens are outlasting the 2nd Gens. :grinno:

#12 ·
EspizTrep said:
what do u mean.... to splice into awire without cutting? they are called quick splice. at radioshack for about $5 u get like 10 of them. they just snap onto the wire and send a blade thru it then u fold the plastic over no tape or anything needed.
Those aren't really reccomended bcs most of the times they will cut strands of wire and decrease the current handling capacity of the wire. The old soldering method it's still the best way to make a perfect splice and not ruin the wire. Just peel a portion of the wire big enough to join the other wire without cutting the first one. When you need to take off the splice (if you ever do..) just heat up the joint again, remove the splice and tape over the exposed part. Peel it so it looks like this :

=====--------=======

Then twist the other wire around it and solder the joint. Tape over the joint and VOILA !!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.