DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

How Retarded can people Be????

2K views 27 replies 17 participants last post by  wb6vpm 
#1 ·
#2 ·
i have seen a few auctions like this and always feel sorry for the bidder. they probably send the $ right away anticipating the arrival of their product and only get "a box". i always wonder what happens in a situation like this, but as always...buyer beware!!

#4 ·
I'd think there are a few people that get misled by the statement "This is the box only" and think it's the xbox box without controllers. Of course if they bid $300+ for an empty cardboard box without asking questions about more details then there's a class A sucker!! I'd say it's the cardboard box and packaging only and doesn't include the xbox itself. But that's just me.

#5 ·
I highly doubt it's the box only with the features he posted.
Features
Audio Output: Surround Sound
Expansion Slots Total: 2 ( 2 ) x memory
Max. Resolution: 1920 x 1080
Processor: 1 x IBM PowerPC 3 cores 3.2 GHz
Video Output: ATI Xbox 360 - 256-bit - 2D/3D graphics acceleration

Connections
1 x AV cable port, 3 x USB 2.0, 1 x Ethernet ( RJ-45 ), 3 x USB, 1 x network ( RJ-45

#9 ·
TERMINATOR101CA said:
Features

Connections
1 x AV cable port, 3 x USB 2.0, 1 x Ethernet ( RJ-45 ), 3 x USB, 1 x network ( RJ-45
ya i doubt it too... maybe he forgot the x.... in xbox... maybe he should say its just the console unit.

Specs on the box LOl....

#15 ·
Vertigo_AK47 said:
Actually they can get away with puttin the specs. Just sayin what the side of the box says. (What linux said)

yup HEHE.... he isnt lying since the box does have those specs.... however it fails to state that the actual box does nothing LOL..

im pretty sure the ppl that bought it/bid on it emailed the seller to confirm the auction contents.

Its a little strange with things like an xbox and electronics on ebay in general.

Thats why i like the feel of buying my stuff in stores LOL..... except for projectors and such which i rely on hidplanet members for.

#17 · (Edited)
TERMINATOR101CA said:
Features

Connections
Actually he lists these fetures under the heading:Additional Information about Microsoft Xbox 360 Premium Edition System, Game Console.. and also lists twice in the description that he is selling the box only .. so as e-bay rules go he could very well be selling just the cardboard box only.. Just remember on E bay---buyer beware!! His description, while deceptive, is actually accurate for just selling the box and he does list in bold print that it is the box only! Hopefully this was not the case but as PT Barnum said" there is a sucker born every minute"!!

#18 ·
#19 ·
Because they can make money that way. Legally the person who purchases the box cant do a thing about it since it says "Microsoft Xbox 360 Premium Edition System Box". Thats why you must read everything the seller puts very carefully before purchasing on Ebay.

#20 ·
Vertigo_AK47 said:
Because they can make money that way. Legally the person who purchases the box cant do a thing about it since it says "Microsoft Xbox 360 Premium Edition System Box". Thats why you must read everything the seller puts very carefully before purchasing on Ebay.
or ask repeatedly like an illiterate buffoon LOL. Thats what i usually do, most of the time the stuff i buy is used and its really hard to get tricked on, like go kart calipers and such, the pics speak for themselves... I even had a guy mail me the plastic case of the brake since it was pictured... thats how honest some sellers are.

BUt i guess with the xbox 360 hype something like this would work.

#24 ·
If anyone still cares, I emailed the seller in that first listing and he just responded.

Question from lindebons
Activity with lindebons (last 90 days):
- I have bid on 0 items from lindebons

lindebons( 44)
Positive feedback: 95.8%
Registered on: www.ebay.com
It was just the box

Respond to this question
Respond Now
Responses in My Messages will not include your email address.

#25 ·
I see this on there frequently. Someone was selling the box for an Apple G4 Cube computer once and the bidding ended at over $1,000 dollars for a 'box with complete packaging'. lol

#26 ·
I just happen to have the original box and packaging to a G4 cube...wonder if I can get $500 for it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.