DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

chrome upper intake manifold...

990 views 24 replies 4 participants last post by  spaz_boy31 
#1 ·
Good idea? Has anyone done this? If i do this will it trap heat? Will it decrease airflow? Will i have to drill out the bolt holes? Do any of you guys know?

#3 ·
i thought he had his polished and clear powder coated?

#7 ·
i just got a spare plume from the yard and have been thinking of this sence i saw his (mathwiz) manifold. how much do you think that would cost?

#8 ·
you'll have to talk to him. I was told its a ***** to sand off the paint that's already on there.

#9 ·
i dont have paint on either of mine.

#11 ·
spaz_boy31 said:
its the factory paint. did you cut your taillights
the green is factory the black is custom , and yes i did the tail lite mod.

#13 · (Edited)
spaz_boy31 said:
no the intake has factory paint stuff on it. i like lights was it hard
mine dosent nor dose the one i got from the junkyard. And no the light mod was pretty easy, i got a spare set from the junk yard just in case though. Hardest part was cutting around the curve near the sides, looks good right. i've been toying with the idea of doing the center bar (got a spare one also) or night shadeing all three pieces. Think i'll do the night shade thing since seeing gazetowardthesky's. what do you think?

#15 ·
JLWX5 said:
Don't nightshade. The clear is awesome. EVERYONE is doing nightshading and quite frankly I'm bored of it.

Josiah
i know lots of people are doing it but i think it would look best with the black lower cladding and the new black seats i got, just a thought.

#16 ·
no i like the clear. what i meant is that it hasa factory coating, not paint.

#17 ·
spaz_boy31 said:
no i like the clear. what i meant is that it hasa factory coating, not paint.
The manifold? cause mine is just aluminium, no coating no paint nothing. same with the junkyard part no coating nothing.

#19 ·
spaz_boy31 said:
they are aluminum but they do have a coating on them. i promise you
i'm going to take a picture right now!

#20 ·

mine 94 es intrepid, no coating i even had to touch it cause you mested with my head on this man.

my dads, 94 es intrepid also touched, no coating

junkyard part, 95 LHS and again no coating.
i have seen this coating your talking about though.

#22 ·
guess i got lucky, twice.why are those throttle bodies black? And where can i get some?

#24 ·
cool, i'd love to stay up till 3:00 am talking trep, but i gotta sleep good night Spaz Boy.

#25 ·
im with you on that, you can call me josh if you want. but i got school in the morning but im gonna go too. seya homie

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.