DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at buying a 00 R/T or a 99 Corde which do you think is better? R/T has 97000 miles while Corde has 87000 miles. R/T autostick, Corde sunroof. Corde leather seats, R/Tcloth seats. 3.5 R/T, 3.2 Corde. Help me with opinions.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
R/T........seriously, a NON biased opinion.......but the 3.5 engine has a LOT more balls and the suspension is way better than the Corde for the twisties ;)

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Plus you can always upgrade to leather seats if that is what is bothering you. I know of a site that makes all of the leather seats for DC. They do the OE, and they fo the special edition stull like the Dodge Ram Rumble Bee or Daytona seats.

·
Mopar or No Car
7,870 Posts
qp_20 said:
Plus you can always upgrade to leather seats if that is what is bothering you. I know of a site that makes all of the leather seats for DC. They do the OE, and they fo the special edition stull like the Dodge Ram Rumble Bee or Daytona seats.
Or just buy a set of used ones - maybe 300M heated? - from someone here ...

·
Woober Goobers!
50,138 Posts
Just a little biased here...go for the R/T. I was looking into a Concorde Limited with the same 3.5L HO but no Autostick in any Concordes. My R/T had 15k less miles on it than the 'corde and is fully optioned. They were both the same year and both had sunroofs. You can always get a leather interior down the road.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Oh hell, get both! Then put the Corde body on the R/T chassis and then you got a real stealth machine... and much better looking IMHO.

·
Registered
347 Posts
If youre looking for a zippy ride, go with the R/T. The Concordes are tuned differently and are more geared towards comfort. AND the R/T has auto-stick :)
If you test drive both cars, you will feel that the Concorde seems heavier although the two cars have almost the same weight.
All the other bells & whistles that are on the Concorde can always be added to the Intrepid aftermarket.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok I got the 1999 Concorde LXI. I will post pics soon.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
kcarlos2000 said:
Okay what was the location of the R/T that you did not get? Just wondering as I know that there is another member in the Tri-State area that is looking for a R/T.
The location of the R/T was in New Hampshere, which is one of the reasons I went with the Concorde. The guy had it on ebay but hasn't relisted. He gave me a buy it now of $5500. I'll email him and see if it is still for sale.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Would you like to buy R/T springs by any chance? :p

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Gman2000R/T said:
Umm just a question...you asked for everyone's opinion and it seemed like the R/T was the overwhelming consensus here. Why'd you go with the Concorde?? I certainly hope it was at LEAST cheaper.
It was a little cheaper and with less miles and more features. Ok it doesn't have the 3.5, but this is a highly optioned car:
Leather seats
Autodimming mirror
Power sunroof
OTIS
ATC
Traction Control
Alarm
By the time I added all this to the R/T I would have spent quite alot more. Plus the R/T had 97k on it time for timing belt change.
The Concorde was on ebay listed by a dealer in PA, which was easier to get to for me, he had good feedback (186) and he would refund deposit if I got there and wasn't satified with car. The R/T was private seller with good but low feedback (3). The R/T was a base model I think it only had power drivers seat.
I can add the Autostick on the Concorde later if I really want it and the car is really clean. It was actually on Autotrader.com as well Autotrader
and here it is on ebay
ebay
And believe me the car looks like that!!
Here is the R/T listing
R/T
I appreciate the responses I got.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Avenger said:
Would you like to buy R/T springs by any chance? :p
Not sure yet since I just got the car I'm still trying to figure out what I want. I know I want some either LHS or 300m gauges.

·
Registered
411 Posts
congrats on the purchase, a decked out concorde is the way to go. Im jealous cause i got jipped when i got mine used, no sunroof or alloys :(
U wont be mad, especially for the price too.

as for the 3.2L, it wont be that bad. THe only thing i noticed is that my own doesnt like to downshift from 2nd to 1st unless im WOT, there isnt much torque in the 2500-3000rpm area.

Just one thing to be careful with, check out that A/C. The Evap coil or the compressor are the first things to die. Neither are cheap to replace.

Edit to Avenger: What difference would R/T springs do?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts