DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know, i know, its a major downgrade, but i got such a deal on this car. 2001, only 28,xxx miles on it, still has a factory extended warranty. i paid $6k for it from my cousin and i just have to help her install a new hot water heater at her house. yeah, i know about the gas cap, too. it costs like $200 to get that fixed, so whenever i feel the need to fix it, i will, but its no big deal to me right now. damn this thing gets good gas mileage, though. i would get 250 miles to the R/T tank. i get 250, at least, to the focus tank, that is like 5 or 6 gallons less.

throw out ideas for modding :biggrin:

window tint is first, and then im thinking about just some basic SVT focus upgrades. i really wanna get the SVT focus front grill

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Its not the R/T but I like it. A friend of mine has an orange one. Its lowered with rims, silver tints, exhaust, and a few other things. It looks really nice. Its amazing how nice you can make one of those for so little money. You'll really appreciate owning a compact when it comes to the gas mileage and the huge amount of aftermarket parts. Good Luck with it!!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Know where you are coming from....sold the wifes 96 Contour and got her a SVT 5, the 5 door version of your car....snappy little thing.....still cant stay with the SHO. The aftermarket for those puppies is huge....and wifie says I can do cosmetic to it...
So thumbs up to your new toy!

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Ummmm, not a fan.

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
$6K... i think you could have done a little better.

I bought my Eclipse for less than that (though it has a few more miles) and I'm a firm believer that a 5 year old car with only 28,000 miles is no different than a 5 year old car with 128,000 miles if properly taken care of. Less than 6,000 miles in a year means the car spent a lot of time sitting.

But at least you wont have to use coat hangers, rubber bands, safety pins, a dremel and super glue anymore to modify your car! Welcome to the world of "Sport Compacts"

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
It's alright. I would get the winderz tinted, and altezza's ( I like the look of the tezza's on the focus) as first 2 mods.

Dave :evilking:

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
gazetowardthesky said:
I bought my Eclipse for less than that (though it has a few more miles) and I'm a firm believer that a 5 year old car with only 28,000 miles is no different than a 5 year old car with 128,000 miles if properly taken care of. Less than 6,000 miles in a year means the car spent a lot of time sitting.
its my cousins old car. she drove it a total of like 10 miles a day to work and home, never really goes out. so she drove it daily, just not far.

Patel.748 said:
It's alright. I would get the winderz tinted, and altezza's ( I like the look of the tezza's on the focus) as first 2 mods.

Dave :evilking:
no altezza will ever be on any car i ever own, but tint is in the process. i should have that in the next couple weeks

i really like this wheel. i can get it in this color which looks like a gunmetal, black or white. $120 each, 17x7

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
I say leave it alone and drive it as good reliable transportation. The Focus drivetrain is solid as can be and as you already mentioned gets great MPG.

My advice is to save the money you were planning to spend on mods, bank it all away and buy yourself a racecar or bike a few years down the road and still have this as a daily driver year round.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
DodgeyAussie said:
But but but, what is going to become of the r/t ?
its totalled, im not buying it back. i want to, but the car will never be the same. i just wanna get away from that car as soon as possible. sorry guys, im not going back to an LH. at least not now.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
gazetowardthesky said:
still coming to Carlisle?
im not making promises, if i can get off that weekend im gonna try my hardest, i swear.

hopefully ill at least have the windows tinted by then

1 - 20 of 81 Posts