Registered
3,552 Posts
First thoughts:

Niiiiiice.

after stolen pics:

crap, that sucks.

Be sure to post some after the repairs pics so we can go back to :

Niiiiice.

Hopefully the insurance shylocks don't screw you too badly.

Cheers, try to have a better day.

BJ:anon:

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Unfortunately, they totalled his car so we're not going to be seeing any after repair pics. So sad, it was a damn nice ride!

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
wow. written off.
Doesn't look like to much real damage, unless it's something mechanical underneath.
I'd be thinking about buying it back from the insurance company myself.

Oh well, where's it going to end up?
I got dibs on the shifter, radio bezel, and rear window sail panels!
Watch you eyeballs, here come the vulchers!

cheers

BJ:anon:

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
if i can buy it back, i MIGHT be parting it out. BUT, the way i look at it, is that i can buy it back, park it in my garage until i can get a new engine put in, do that, then fix all the body damage, and maybe be able to sell it, but i would prob want to keep it.

i have a lot of **** to do with it, but i still havent heard anything from the insurance company. the value of the car according the appraiser was $8715, but he told me since its a limited edition, its gonna be more. thats cool though, because i owe less than $8000 on it, and the way i see it, it will be completely paid off and then if i want i can turn around and sell it after i fix it and make some money, or just keep it (what i really wanna do)

·
Registered
750 Posts
01redMS said:
if i can buy it back, i MIGHT be parting it out. BUT, the way i look at it, is that i can buy it back, park it in my garage until i can get a new engine put in, do that, then fix all the body damage, and maybe be able to sell it, but i would prob want to keep it.

i have a lot of **** to do with it, but i still havent heard anything from the insurance company. the value of the car according the appraiser was $8715, but he told me since its a limited edition, its gonna be more. thats cool though, because i owe less than $8000 on it, and the way i see it, it will be completely paid off and then if i want i can turn around and sell it after i fix it and make some money, or just keep it (what i really wanna do)

8700 dollars?> that seems low ball i dont knwo all the details botu your car or even zip but reiial on KBB.com is 12,400 and thats jsut a plain R/T not motorsports. they are giving you the trade in value of it . though i dont know how insurance companys work but they are screwin ya

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i bought it for $12k and it was blue booked at $17k at that time. trust me, the blue book value now is between 10 and 12, i just dont know what they are giving me

the car i am buying is only going to cost me $6200, and i will prob buy the intrepid back

·
Registered
750 Posts
yer buying a focus? dont do it dont do it LOL my buddy has a focus a bright yellow one and hes having problems with it left and right mainly with the clutch and the ignition switch hes had it replaced 4 times each time it left him stranded and had to get it towed to the shop. but he likes it good gas milage and he likes zippin around town.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
IntrepidCUB said:
yer buying a focus? dont do it dont do it LOL my buddy has a focus a bright yellow one and hes having problems with it left and right mainly with the clutch and the ignition switch hes had it replaced 4 times each time it left him stranded and had to get it towed to the shop. but he likes it good gas milage and he likes zippin around town.
yeah i cant wait for the gas mileage. the day i test drove it, i went to my friends house and parallel parked first try in a tiny spot that i would obviously never get into with the intrepid

·
Registered
510 Posts
wow dude, sorry about your car... Just horrible what some people can do to other people's property - I hope somehow they catch them...

my grandpa has a 00 trep and while he was in the hospital, someone broke into his house went through everything, and for the hell of it they smashed his windshield with a wrench - it was ok cause insurance covered that and a few small dents that were already there - but still... hate to see these things happen...

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
OMG thats horrible.

IT looks like they knew our cars as well. They stole all the goods. Left the shifter and drove into a fence.... what assholes.

I hope they find them.
In terms of parts it shouldnt be too hard. The body work seems to be the hardest after the engine.

The damage doesnt look that bad. Nowhere near right off in my opinion but insurance has their own way of looking at things.

I hope you decide to keep it and restore it. Theres a motor on sale here for lik 900$ i think. That may be your best bet for a motor. Its a 3.5HO too.
Good luck

1 - 18 of 18 Posts