DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was searching for this answer but couldn't find it,,

I own a 2002 Intrepid and will be debadging the whole car.

front hood emblum, letters on back of trunk etc...

my question is: for the 2002 Intrepid after debadging is there any holes left behind on any of the badges?

Reactions: Hate Me Now

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
dan9g said:
for the 2002 Intrepid after debadging is there any holes left behind on any of the badges?
No.

All the badges are adhesive. You'll probably need some Goo Gone or something to really clean up the adhesive afterwards, but no holes. I'm talking about the hood emblem, the side Dodge emblems on the front doors, the ES SE or RT symbols on the rear door sails and the INTREPID letters on the trunk.

If you can keep them in good shape, offer them up to people on the site in the buy/sell/trade area. There's been a few people looking for those emblems in the past.

·
Registered
152 Posts
yep..and after u take em all off, u definitely will need some goo-gone and a good polish to take away the fresh paint against the faded paint where the badges were. I just recently took off all "dodge r/t" badges and my "3.5 magnum" badges and replaced them minus the "dodge" part on my doors and goo gone worked great...had to use some good polish and it took away the "dodge" areas on my doors...looks like they were never there!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
WD40 & Blue Magic work pretty good too. like intrepidrtman u can't even tell they were there!

·
Registered
17 Posts
hey do the Rear door part that says ES or SE come off or is it just emblems on a fixed piece i think i saw some carbon fiber ones that said ES i want :) I got boring bloack ones ill trade someone :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
i'm sure they do as i've seen some treps with Ram heads where the ES was. I may be wrong?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well I've debadged my trunk now.. all the letters came off easily with some fishing line... but took a lot of elbow grease and goo gone to take the adhesive off

but it looks good now... just one problem

I couldn't get the hood emblum off with fishing line... how did everyone else take theirs off?

·
Registered
152 Posts
hmmmm..mine just sorta fell off...then I replaced it with some vinyl graphics...but to get all my other emblems off I used a body filler tool...its sort of a scraper/spreader tool u can buy wherever they sell bondo/filler at, like walmart, autozone, murrays, etc. Its plastic, won't scratch and its somewhat flexible but sturdy enough to get all my emblems off...its got a nice edge like a scraper but it won't scratch up your paint...only cost a dollar or so....

·
Registered
234 Posts
dan9g said:
I couldn't get the hood emblum off with fishing line... how did everyone else take theirs off?
If you have access to a blow dryer use that first to heat it up and then use the fishing line/plastic scraper.

·
Registered
29 Posts
yeah i couldn't get my hood emblem off either. I tried with a blowdryer, fishing line, & WD40 and it didn't come off; the line seems to get stuck almost half-way through. I agree w/ intrepidrtman on using the plastic scraper, i would try that.

·
Registered
152 Posts
once u get it started, keep using the heat on it...the adhesive basically gets turned back into goo at about 125 degrees or so...so a hairdryer on high setting or what would be the optimal tool is a heat-gun. If u can get it lifted up part way, spray a big amount of the goo gone or go to autozone or a automotive place near u and get automotive adhesive remover and spray the heck outta that up under the hood emblem...let it sit for a minute or so, and it should come off like butter!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Rebadging

I've rebadged rather than debadge. I've added a "DODGE" badge on the center mounted brake light, it now reads DODGE every time you step on the brake. Comments?

·
Registered
29 Posts
um...u mean the dodge emblems from the sides right?

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
What did you use to reattach the badges?

·
Registered
87 Posts
The DODGE badges are 7'' long and 3/4" high. I bought them at a Intrepid net meet in the Chicago Area. Strats Drive in. They come with the adhesive already applied to the back of each letter and a clear tape across the front side of all the letters to help you with the spacing. the rear adhesive also has a tape on it to be removed just before applying. I think that some 02 to 04 treps had this DODGE logo on the trunk. Check your local dealer, they are inexpensive. Note these are NOT the letters from the doors.

·
Registered
29 Posts
ooo i see what u did now, looks good! How does it look without the brake light on tho?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts